Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CIP HELP please

Hello,

Is it necessary to CIP my 1 barrel brewhouse before or after each brew day?

Can i use the same caustic solution to CIP two 1 barrel fermentors or do i have to use separate solutions??
    (all the organic solids after running the caustic solution, will stay in that solution.... so reusing it in another fermenter will probably not be efficient?
    The same question for the acid rinse.
    i will be also cleaning KEgs.

I've never used a CIP.... so any help will be great.

Cheers my bros,

MM

Cip

Hola Mario;

1. It depends on your situation, if you are brewing just once per day on your system you will have to CIP the equipment at the beginning and later when you finish, however, if you have a 2 BBL or 4 BBL fermenter and then you continually brew 2 or 4 batches to fill it, you don't need to CIP between batches, only until you finish. This is done to save money on chemicals, besides to contaminate less the environment.

2. You can use the same solutions, however, you need to check the concentration to be more efficient.

3. Same for the kegs.

Hope it helps, in any case you can contact me directly, I speak Spanish.

fausto.yushan@gmail.com

¡Salud!

Comment

We usually CIP our kettle after every Brew day with brew-r-Ez and acid brite. The mash tun we CIP once every several batches and clean out with elbow grease between most batches. It really depends on your system.

You may have already thought of this by for fermenters if you CIP multiple tanks with the same solution you are going To want a basin with a heater element inside to keep the solution 110+ degrees. For most caustic and non caustic cleaners they work much better at hot temps. I can't imagine organic solids would cause too much cleaning efficiency drop, but I've never dealt with that scenario.

Comment

You don't need to cip the brew house every day. You might find that you get to a boil faster when it is a little dirty. We clean the kettle and whirlpool every 10 brews but that is just 2 days for us. Also we never leave it dirty over the weekend. We run steam though. If you are direct fire or electric you might want to clean more often.

If you brew several brews in the kettle you are going to want to run a cleaning acid cycle first because you are going to build up mineral and protein deposits. The acid cycle will eat the mineral and the protein build up will slip off. After your acid cycle you can run your caustic cycle and your caustic should be fairly clean and reusable after that.

Comment

thanks!!!!!!sure ill contact you

Comment

Originally posted by gbrower View Post
            You don't need to cip the brew house every day. You might find that you get to a boil faster when it is a little dirty. We clean the kettle and whirlpool every 10 brews but that is just 2 days for us. Also we never leave it dirty over the weekend. We run steam though. If you are direct fire or electric you might want to clean more often.

If you brew several brews in the kettle you are going to want to run a cleaning acid cycle first because you are going to build up mineral and protein deposits. The acid cycle will eat the mineral and the protein build up will slip off. After your acid cycle you can run your caustic cycle and your caustic should be fairly clean and reusable after that.
            Thanks,
            I tough it was first caustic and then acid... am i correct?

Comment

Originally posted by Junkyard View Post
              We usually CIP our kettle after every Brew day with brew-r-Ez and acid brite. The mash tun we CIP once every several batches and clean out with elbow grease between most batches. It really depends on your system.

You may have already thought of this by for fermenters if you CIP multiple tanks with the same solution you are going To want a basin with a heater element inside to keep the solution 110+ degrees. For most caustic and non caustic cleaners they work much better at hot temps. I can't imagine organic solids would cause too much cleaning efficiency drop, but I've never dealt with that scenario.
              thanks!!!!!
              so before starting brewing you just rinse your brewhouse???? and after brewing you run CIP??
              cheerss,,

Comment

If you are going to to quite a few brews in your kettle you are going to want to do acid cycle first. This is only true for the kettle. The protein build up is just too much and it greatly reduces the effectiveness of your caustic cleaner. If you use caustic first you will have to dose higher and possibly use multiple cycles. Using acid first will strip the minerals that are holding the protein to the tank. After an acid cycle you should only really have a ring of stuff at the top and maybe a few spots. Finish with a caustic cycle and it should be spotless.

Comment

I used to brew on a 1bbl pallet brew system - mash tun I found a good scour to be adequate. Copper around every 5 brews, but as you only need about 30L of water to cover elements it's worth having some citric acid on hand to descale them as you please without a proper CIP. Fermenters every brew, but with a rinse and sanitize after I can't see any harm in reusing a caustic solution providing it's not totally filthy (it shouldn't be.)

Comment

Working...
                  X