Jockey box cold plate question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jockey box cold plate question

I am building a 4 tap jockey box and picked up what I thought was a 6 pass cold plate from the local used restaurant supply joint today. 4 of the passes are labeled S1-S4 and has a matching one on the other side of course. Then the other two are marked C and W. I was wondering does this mean Carbonation and Water? Am I ok to use this as I would a normal cold plate with carbonation direct to the kegs or will this Carbonation channel mess with things?

Thanks!
    Marcus Connery
    Wheelhouse Beverages

You have a post mix soda cold plate, s1-4 are syrup 1-4. Water and carbonated circuits are for cold crabonated and non carbonated water to be mixed at the gun or dispenser. It may work.

Comment

Thanks, set it up just using the s1-s4 ports and its working fine. Are the other ports any different? So, if I decide to go from 4 to six flavors will I run into any issues?

Thanks!
      Marcus Connery
      Wheelhouse Beverages

Comment

Depending on your throughput, you may see some foam-out - especially if the beer is on the warm side going in.

I use a 4 tap cold plate jockey box, and only under CRAZY throughput (like having 2 or more faucets open all the time) did it foam out on me. I was reaching the limit of it's ability to cool properly.

Comment

Working...
        X