Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concrete Options

Hello again folks,
    Does anyone out there have specifications on the concrete their brewhouse sits on, specifically psi and depth?

We have a building that had a metal fabrication and manufacturing facility before, so I am assuming the concrete was poured with a certain strength to bear the weight and abuse of heavy machinery. With 3 each of 10bbl fermenters and brights, I am thinking the concrete would be able to bear this weight already.

Furthermore, we are planning to put a small curb around the brewery area to contain liquid, with a slight slope inside leading to a drainage channel in the center. All of this would be on top of pre existing concrete, so I'm wondering if it would bond, and if so, would it be durable on top as such a thin layer? I was also suggested other options, including a slight raised platform or lowered pit, both cases have the curb and slope as before, or lastly slabjacking the existing slabs.

Anyone offer advice from their experiences?

Thanks

Originally posted by Bircus View Post
    Hello again folks,
    Does anyone out there have specifications on the concrete their brewhouse sits on, specifically psi and depth?

We have a building that had a metal fabrication and manufacturing facility before, so I am assuming the concrete was poured with a certain strength to bear the weight and abuse of heavy machinery. With 3 each of 10bbl fermenters and brights, I am thinking the concrete would be able to bear this weight already.

Furthermore, we are planning to put a small curb around the brewery area to contain liquid, with a slight slope inside leading to a drainage channel in the center. All of this would be on top of pre existing concrete, so I'm wondering if it would bond, and if so, would it be durable on top as such a thin layer? I was also suggested other options, including a slight raised platform or lowered pit, both cases have the curb and slope as before, or lastly slabjacking the existing slabs.

Anyone offer advice from their experiences?

Thanks
    Hi Bircus,
    I installed a 10bbl brewhouse with five 10bbl FVs, five 10bbl bbv, and a steam boiler on a poured concrete floor. I had it poured over an existing slab: a concrete subfloor in what was a racquet ball court. My poured floor has a trench drain down the length and is sloped on all four sides into that trench. Top of the trench is approx 10 inches deep and the bottom/drain part of the trench is approx 15 inches deep. The trench is approx 26 feet long. So you can get a good idea of my poured floor thickness, all on top of an existing five inch floor. Get a look at your building schematics (city/county building dept?), it might show how the floor was engineered and poured. You can get an idea where the footings are and how they are shaped. I cannot stress enough how important a sloped floor is with adequate drains!
    Prost!
    Dave
    Glacier Brewing Company
    406-883-2595
    info@glacierbrewing.com

"who said what now?"

Comment

Working...
    X