Microstar keg leakers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microstar keg leakers?

I am wondering if anybody else has issues with an unusually high number of microstar kegs that have leaky valves? It seems as though for us, we have an unusually high percentage of kegs that have leaky valves post-fill. We operate an M&F Keg Technik washer/filler as well as an IDD washer/filler. Both experience too high of a number of leaky kegs when filling Microstar kegs, but much lower numbers when filling other kegs.

Any and all input/suggestions greatly welcomed.

Cheers!
    John

We had a similar problem years ago. On tearing the valves down, we found that they had splinters of wood stuck in the valve. At the time, we'd stack our kegs waiting for cleaning on pallets, then stack the pallets. The kegs were stored upright, and bits of wood from the pallets were falling onto the valves, then getting forced in during cleaning. We now store all kegs inverted, and the problem has gone away.

You need to take down at least one of these leaky valves and determine the problem. If it's a Microstar problem, I'm sure they'll work with you to get it resolved.

Search on this board for "keg valve" or other combinations including "disassembly" and "repair". There are several detailed threads on taking these apart and repairing them.
    Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
    Terminal Gravity Brewing,
    Enterprise. Oregon.

Comment

Hi John,
      MicroStar provides industry-leading keg quality to our brewers and use 100% Micromatic valves. We have been supplying kegs to the industry for over 20-years and our data confirms that quality issues are experienced with less than 1% of our float. Statistically, it has been proven that spikes in leaking kegs at a facility are most often related to a filling issue, e.g., fill-head angle of approach or overfilling the keg. Our local quality team works with our business partners to identify and fix the problem … we will even run another diagnostic on your keg line. Please contact me at Gmurphy@microstarkegs.com and I will be happy to set up a time to come in and review this with you.
      Take care,
      George

Comment

Keg Logistics Program -the BREWER should OWN the KEG - a 30 year asset

Eliminate valve issues / remove doubt on who filled the keg last / who cleaned or not cleaned the keg ? / by moving to keg ownership.

I can prove that the cost of ownership, including empty keg return costs, with an allowance for loss, is still LOWER on a per turn basis than what is offered by any other party. remove the accounting and billing reconciliation nightmare and man hours, simplify your operation and save money while BUILDING YOUR BALANCE SHEET.

By moving to a rent to own model, you control your own fleet, you get to hold the deposit capital (real working capital). Our kegs are new from Franke, it's your fleet and if a valve wears out we send you a replacement at our cost. You gain ownership of an asset with a 30 year guarantee. No one else offers this.

Leave your pooled fleet problems behind.

Regards,
        Chris Sapyta
        Director of Keg Logistics, LLC
        Direct – 303-720-7655
        Industry Knowledge – Freight Service and Keg options for the Brewer and Wholesaler

www.keglogistics.com - THE NEW KEG COMPANY – from the founder of MicroStar.
        www.fitzmark.com - Freight provided at the highest service level at a fair price
        Keg Logistics
        303-720-7668
        info@keglogistics.com

Comment

Working...
        X