Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you clean the *outside* of your stainless vessels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you clean the *outside* of your stainless vessels?

How do you clean the *outside* of your stainless vessels? What's your preferred method? Got any tips for making the job easier, particularly for those hard-to-reach areas?

we use a phos nitric liquid with a couple of drops of liquid dish soap and spray it thru a foam gun. The soap helps remove dirt and any "gunk" it also helps the foam gun creat more suds and that alolws the acids to remain in contact with the metal longer. after we spray it on it gets a soft bristle brush to continue the cleaning process and then rinse off. We keep up on the glycol lines and connections to the tanks with a mild bleach and small scrubrush and then rinse. after 5 years of this my tanks still look great
    Mike Eme
    Brewmaster

Comment

Dish soap...

Joy ultra with a soft brush followed by foaming quat. Used to use Quantum from Five Star, but that can't be shipped to CA any longer. Once a week on Saturdays we wash every tank and then foam the whole place down. You can literally eat off the floor afterwards. Spotless, cheap, easy, effective.
      Phillip Kelm--Palau Brewing Company Manager--

Comment

Bar keepers friend works pretty good to bring back the shine.

Comment

I use a foaming phosphoric/nitric acid cleaner from Chemstation. Works great. Spray it on, quick scrub with a brush, hose it off real well and your done. Just make sure to hose your floors off really well, it will pit concrete in a hurry.

Comment

Having never used quat, will it foam on it's own when used in a foam gun or do I need to add a surfactant?

Comment

Check out what's on offer....

Most of the quat that I've seen through brewery chemical supply outfits is a foaming variety. At least when run through the spray gun we have.
              Phillip Kelm--Palau Brewing Company Manager--

Comment

Working...
              X