What filter sheets do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What filter sheets do you use?

I am thinking about switching filter sheets (40cm) and wondered what others are using and why. I currently use Carlson pads but Beco gave me some to try saying they have allot better strength (wont fall apart for multiple runs) and less bleed though. I have also used Seitz in the past.
    Cost is about the same $1.17 to $1.19 for 1-5 micron ratings, and free shipping with 500/5 box order. Thoughts?
    PS- let’s not debate sheet vs DE here.
    Carlson Filtration
    20.83%
    Beco
    8.33%
    Sietz
    50.00%
    other
    20.83%
    Last edited by Ted Briggs; 08-16-2006, 11:35 AM.
    Brewmaster, Minocqua Brewing Company
    tbriggs@minocquabrewingcompany.com
    "Your results may vary"

I use a sheet from a small company located in Rome Italy, but made in Napoli. they are just as good as the compition but cheap.

They specialize in filter sheets for oils and wine but they have cellulose sheets varied pour size and have a great sheet with DE impregnated and a protective membrane to keep the yeast from pushing though.

Its called STIC srl.

Dont think they have a web site
    www.Lervig.no

Comment

I also use Carlson's with great results. I can usually get 200-250bbls through my sheet's each week with proper care. I've tried other sheets (Pall, Beco) with good result's but none really wow'ed me into changing. The price is cheap in with the Carlson filters and the service from ABEC is great.

Casey

Comment

We use Scottlabs here, have uses Seitz in the past. Sheets are $103 when ordering 5 boxes (500). Though Shipping is $90 which makes my per sheet cost $1.21

You deal sounds a lil better Ted.....

JackK

Comment

Beco sheets

I used those Beco sheets and found they worked well with two differences. First, they are thinner and I had to crank my filter all the way down which is a real "knuckle buster" when the spacer on the screw bottoms out.
          However I did get allot less bleed-out. Prior 3 filters averaged 3 gallons lost for 10bbl throughput and the beco sheets lost less than a gallon.
          My assumption is they are compressed more? (thinner+less bleed) But The flow rate was good. i might switch.
          Brewmaster, Minocqua Brewing Company
          tbriggs@minocquabrewingcompany.com
          "Your results may vary"

Comment

Working...
          X