Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's in your parts bucket?

Hi --

I've been using 5 Star Star San in my parts and blowoff buckets, but finding that it eats away at vinyl tubing, making it slimy and possibly adding bits of dissolved vinyl to my beer -- yuck!

What do you put in yours? I'm thinking iodophor would be good but hate having to continually add iodophor to the buckets. If I were to use iodophor, do I have to dump it and mix fresh whenever it loses its color in order to maintain "no-rinse" status, or can I just add a bit more of the concentrate?

Thanks for the input --

iodophor

I used to recycle the iodophor after cycling a FV, ST, CT, ect. never had a sanitation issue (bucket or FV); others brewers I know say it breaks down O- rings, again I never had an issue in 3 years.
    Brewers enjoy working to make beer as much as drinking beer instead of working. -Harold Rudolph

Comment

I, too use Iodaphor. Never had a problem!

Comment

I've been using Star San for YEARS. Never had a problem with sliminess. I do change the Star San water every other day,however. Maybe that's the key.
        Glacier Brewing Company
        406-883-2595
        info@glacierbrewing.com

"who said what now?"

Comment

Same here, we use iodophor in our buckets and change it out every 8 hours or so to keep it fresh. If you mix it right, it won't degrade the gaskets unless you allow it to dry on the gaskets and get concentrated.

Comment

Working...
          X