Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

any feedback on allowing sales of pitchers for a brewpub?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any feedback on allowing sales of pitchers for a brewpub?

We're 2 years in on our brewpub and have thus far not offered pitchers. Not because we're against them per se, it's just been far down on the list of stuff-we-are-doing-or-looking-into-at-any-given-time. But now, we are considering it. Can anyone offer any advice on what to, I don't know, look out for, look for, etc? Any worts of wisdom welcome.

thx
    dave
    Dave Cowie
    Three Forks Bakery & Brewing Company
    Nevada City, CA

CONS: With pitchers, you will make a little less money from each sale. Pitchers can take up a lot of space behind the bar.

PROS: Can reduce bartender and server stress and time at a busy bar. More efficient to keep those pint glasses filled. Good for groups of people, especially if they are eating pizza, wings, or party apps like that.

You will have to train your customers that you have pitchers available.
    Todd G Hicks
    BeerDenizen Brewing Services

Comment

We are in the process of eliminating pitchers after 20 years of serving them. We aren't a college bar, and we don't serve bud lite.

Cons-
      Reduces the perception of quality
      Reduces control of preventing underage service
      Reduces control of over serving patrons
      No one knows how to correctly pour so everyone gets a bad pour
      I've always felt that one person in a group of four isn't getting the beer they want

Pros-
      easy for bartenders on busy nights
      good for large groups, but not really

As you can tell, I am against them.

Comment

We are a taproom not a brewpub, and as we are an 'Order At The Bar' operation the thought of buzzed patrons carrying pitchers through a crowd or up our stairs...*shudder*. Plus we're all ages, so the underage liability is high.

But I would say, if you do it, get plastic ones. Chintzy as it is, beats cleaning up a spilled tidal wave of beer and glass.
        Russell Everett
        Co-Founder / Head Brewer
        Bainbridge Island Brewing
        Bainbridge Island, WA

Comment

Working...
        X