Durable Weight Scale for a Brewhouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Durable Weight Scale for a Brewhouse

I am looking for scales that are durable, accurate and worth the money. What works for you in your brewhouse? Have you found something waterproof? Is it accurate for gram measurement? Can it take everyday use? That sort of thing. This is mostly for smaller measurements like water salt additions (grams), hops (lbs & oz), spices etc. Waterproof is not necessary. If you would like to share larger scale experiences please do. We are always looking for better equipment.

Escali...

I've used Escali Primo scales for years with great luck. Price is right too.
    Phillip Kelm--Palau Brewing Company Manager--

Comment

I'll second that!

Escali scales are great, and cheap enough that you can replace them painlessly if they get ruined from a spill.

The Primo is good for weighing in grams, and the Pico (PR500) is great for 1/10ths of a gram. They have many other models but those two are cheap, easy to find, and reliable.

For specialty grain, we also use the Escali M136 (up to 13 pounds) or M3315 (up to 33 pounds) because they're large enough to hold a bucket. They run for a long time on four C batteries so that's one less power cord to deal with.

Comment

Working...
      X