PRVR location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PRVR location

Are there any advantages/disadvantages to locating the PRVR on top of the FV vs on the blow off arm? I have had them on all my FVs on the blow off arm for the last two years, but in the interest of saving precious space in my shrinking brewhouse I am thinking of relocating them on top of the FVs. Seems like it would make no difference.

Dave
    Dave Cowie
    Three Forks Bakery & Brewing Company
    Nevada City, CA

Originally posted by barleyfreak View Post
    Are there any advantages/disadvantages to locating the PRVR on top of the FV vs on the blow off arm? I have had them on all my FVs on the blow off arm for the last two years, but in the interest of saving precious space in my shrinking brewhouse I am thinking of relocating them on top of the FVs. Seems like it would make no difference.

Dave
    I'm interesting to see how small of a space you have that relocating the PRV is going to change something.

Comment

I have 400 sf brewhouse with 4 7bbl FVs and am adding 2 15bbl FVs tomorrow. One of them will have precious little room where its CIP arm is adjacent to one of the 7's blow off/PRVR. There is also a bit of squeezing-by-to-access-space-behind-FV-without-hitting-head-on-PRVR issues to boot.

But about my question...do you have any opinion on PRVR location?
      Dave Cowie
      Nevada City, CA

Comment

I've had PRVR's in both locations and I prefer them on the blow off or CIP simply for ease of dissambly, calibration and inspection. Beyond that I can't say I've noticed any real difference.
        Manuel

Comment

Originally posted by mmussen View Post
          I've had PRVR's in both locations and I prefer them on the blow off or CIP simply for ease of dissambly, calibration and inspection. Beyond that I can't say I've noticed any real difference.
          Thanks for the feedback Manual.
          Dave Cowie
          Nevada City, CA

Comment

Working...
          X