how combi lauter works

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how combi lauter works

HI and one again tx for all ur advices, Id like to know how the combi lauter works, I mean, a ste by step about its working, tx a lot, and hope u can help me.
    abest regards
    Attached Files
    DANNKEN

Well, I can't speak specifically for your model, but my combi-vessel has the HLT (Hot Liquor Tank) in the bottom portion, and the Mash/Lauter Tun in the top portion. I feed brewing water into the HLT, heat it up, and use it for mashing in, cleaning and whenever I need hot water in the brewhouse Periodically, I drain the HLT, climb in with a bucket of cool mild acid solution, a green scrubbie and scour the mineral precipate out then rinse.

Good luck!
    "By man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world" -- St. Arnold of Metz

Comment

Daniel:
      Could you Email some more pictures of the Combi unit and then we could give you some more direction. Does it have a mixer or will you have to blend the grain and H20 by hand and paddle.
      The two Man-Ways on the upper portion excite me and I only hope they are for grain out, which I wish I had for my mash/lauter tank. If the upper is not equipped with steam jackets you will have to do a straight infusion mash in the range of 65 to 68 degrees centigrade. Conversion/sacriffication for 30 to 60 minutes then begin the recirculation of the wort in the mash/lauter to clear it up before you transfer it to the boiling/kettle. Our do you have a system where you mash into the kettle then pump to the lauter tank that is pictured?
      Please send more pictures; inside tanks, piping and boiling kettle.
      this will give us some more information to work with. also who is your malt supplier?
      best regards
      lance@Jergensen Brewing
      lancejergensen@juno.com

Comment

I think one of the top man ways is the mash lauter and the other is the kettle, all in one unit, hlt / mash / kettle.

Comment

Why would a kettle have a manway on it?

Comment

apologies, the hlt and mash tun are on top, and the kettle below, manway for adding hops, cleaning etc.

Comment

I seriously doubt that. The mash tun probably has two manways to make removal of the spent grain easier.

The kettle is almost certainly just out of the picture to the right...

Cheers, Tim

Comment

Its a stand alone unit, very compact all in one system.
                the kettle is on the bottom, hlt and mash tun on the top.
                there is more pics on soundbrew under
                4 BBL SKID MOUNTED SYSTEM.
                I figure, H20 and malt are mixed in the mash tun, temperature is increased via the steam gen. Then filtered through false bottom into the kettle below and sparged from the HLT and a few hops chucked into it form the bottom manway.

Thats My theory anyway.
                Phil
                Last edited by filnz; 10-04-2006, 11:23 PM.

Comment

While I could probably make decent wort on almost any system, I don't think I'd enjoy it as much on that particular model

/hugs his two vessel combi system
                  Last edited by RobZamites; 10-05-2006, 06:13 AM. Reason: I can't proofread, apparently!

Comment

Working...
                  X