Microbrewery organization software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microbrewery organization software

What software do you use for brewery management (production planning, inventory, finances, scheduling, order intake,...) Not in search for 10 different applications that all do their own thing, but an integrated solution.

I am looking for a software title that embraces all aspects of production, is multi user and is affordable.
    Do you know of anything that was specifically written for the beverage industry?

BelgianBrewer
    Last edited by BelgianBrewer; 04-05-2008, 01:28 AM.

software

unless you are in the market to spend 20-30K for a real package. I think you are going to have to settle on Microsoft's Excel and Quickbooks. We have seached high and low and there is no holy grail of software. I have seen a couple of packages that were in the works by different brewers like yourself, but never anything that was ready to roll

good luck

brad farbstein
    real ale brewing co

Comment

This is new from the MBAA:

Hope this is what you're looking for.
      Steve Donohue
      Brewmaster
      Santa Clara Valley Brewing

Comment

Never used, but...
        BrewSoft 1.0 is the latest in brew house management software available. In fact it may be the most comprehensive brewery management software ever developed.

From tracking multiple recipes per beer from calculating your state and federal taxes real-time, you'll be impressed with the options available. We developed this software under the guidance of Four Peaks Brewing Company in Tempe, Arizona. We've taken every process from start to finish and made a simple to use interface to manage every portion of the brewing and distribution process.

Comment

Experience with your system, your brewing methods and your raw materials are the only way to calculate things like final color and hop utilization. No program can do that for you.

Comment

$5k-$10k for that? (grumbles at not being an A/B sized brewhouse with the matching budget) I'll stick with my simple hand-kludged Excel spredsheets and little scraps of paper scattered hither and yon throughout my brewhouse and cellar
            "By man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world" -- St. Arnold of Metz

Comment

Originally posted by RobZamites
              $5k-$10k for that? (grumbles at not being an A/B sized brewhouse with the matching budget) I'll stick with my simple hand-kludged Excel spredsheets and little scraps of paper scattered hither and yon throughout my brewhouse and cellar
              Exactly, however I do use MS Access and MS Project to put some order to the scraps of paper
              Cheers & I'm out!
              David R. Pierce
              NABC & Bank Street Brewhouse
              POB 343
              New Albany, IN 47151

Comment

Wow thats alot of money!!

Wow, I know I wont be getting that software... Can anyone send me an email and give me some ideas on tracking inventories or recipe type spreadsheets? Thanks

Kyle

Comment

What's your output?

Originally posted by kylesmi
                  Wow, I know I wont be getting that software... Can anyone send me an email and give me some ideas on tracking inventories or recipe type spreadsheets? Thanks

Kyle
                  Depends on your output. For a small operation ProMash will do it for you.
                  Cheers & I'm out!
                  David R. Pierce
                  POB 343
                  New Albany, IN 47151

Comment

BrewSoft

Hi,

If anyone would like to try it free for 90 days, just contact us through the site. We are really trying to develop a complete brewery management solution from start to finish. Any feedback would be great. We developed it with Four Peaks in Tempe Arizona, and they are having great success with it so far. The TTB recently brought to their attention that 80% of the breweries were calculating their taxes wrong. Since then we are fine tuning our TTB compliancy within the system. Also any feedback on pricing would be appreciated. We also offer monthly rates and leasing options.

- Eric
                    Developer

Comment

Thanks for developing this, but I think I speak for a majority here (and if I don't please slap me down) in saying that we really don't have the budgetary flexibility for the pricing you have. If you offered the basic package for $200 or something, that would be a different story, but even $1000 is many, many bags of pre-milled grain for my tiny 7bbl brewhouse. In this case, the scales tip towards me not even leasing. Good luck.
                      "By man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world" -- St. Arnold of Metz

Comment

The software was targeted for a minimum of 3000 Barrels per year. We have a customer that does 20,000+ / year with no issues, so yes it would be expensive for a smaller brewhouse, although we would like to look at developing a system for smaller breweries in the price range you mentioned.

- Regards

"No soldier can fight unless he is properly fed on beef and beer."
                        -John Churchill, First Duke of Marlborough

Comment

I agree with Rob

I agree with Rob, it would just be way out of reach for my little brewpub. Maybe once you get all the bugs worked out you can release a simple version for small brewpubs??

Kyle

Comment

Originally posted by BrewSoft
                            Hi,

If anyone would like to try it free for 90 days, just contact us through the site. We are really trying to develop a complete brewery management solution from start to finish. Any feedback would be great. We developed it with Four Peaks in Tempe Arizona, and they are having great success with it so far. The TTB recently brought to their attention that 80% of the breweries were calculating their taxes wrong. Since then we are fine tuning our TTB compliancy within the system. Also any feedback on pricing would be appreciated. We also offer monthly rates and leasing options.

- Eric
                            Developer
                            http://www.brewsoft.net/
                            90 days to configure and learn a new system, with little track record and is priced out of range of most breweries? No offense, but no thank you. It appears you have covered a lot of bases in the development of your package. How did you arrive with the pricing? The full package would add $3.33/bbl. on 3000 bbl. brewery. I have a grocery list of places I can spend $10,000 (or the $350/month lease) to increase efficiency/productivity/quality in my brewery. Good luck with the launch.
                            Last edited by beertje46; 09-26-2006, 12:47 PM. Reason: add content
                            Cheers & I'm out!
                            David R. Pierce
                            POB 343
                            New Albany, IN 47151

Comment

Software

I have to agree with David. I would like to point out that he is one of the few people on the forum that could actually afford this type of program. I suggest two things:
                              1) Copy the Full Sail example and write your own Access program.
                              2) Work out a deal to let a regional brewery really give the software a good test.

The real savings here is oppertunity cost that is saved by relieving the management of the brewery from the rediculous amount of papper work that has to be done in tracking production.

Graydon Brown

Comment

Working...
                              X