Forced air burner for 7bbl & 10bbl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forced air burner for 7bbl & 10bbl

Looking at using Midco Economite Forced Air Burners for a direct fired brew kettle. Doing either a 7bbl or 10bbl kettle. What burner size/BTU strength is recommended?

For 7bbl: EC200 (200,000 BTU) or EC300 (300,000 BTU)?

For 10bbl: EC300 (300,000 BTU) or Midco RE4400DS (400,000 BTU)?

Thanks so much in advance for your thoughts!

I don't know what your setup is like or how inexpensive you want to go but to add some data points for you to ponder;
    1. I had a Economite 300 for an oversized 5 bbl kettle and it was more than enough... ended up turning it down to around 200k btu's as I was routinely getting boil overs... and even at 200k btu's it was still problematic.
    2. I now have a 15 bbl kettle and we have one of the modulating Midco burners (can't remember the model#) that has a max 400k BTU output.... this is plenty of horsepower for this size kettle.

If you can swing it, get a modulating burner... so that you can put the max btu's into the kettle as you are heating up to boiling (this will save you a ton of time) then dial it back as you reach your boil so that you don't end up with wort jumping out of the kettle.

Cheers!
    - Chris
    Christopher Tkach
    Idle Hands Craft Ales
    Malden, MA
    chris@idlehandscraftales.com

Comment

HELP! I need to get the mounting plate dimensions of the EC300 burner.

I am putting together a 8.5 BBL brewhouse and I intend on using the Midco EC300 on my HLT and the BK. Does any one know the distance between the mounting holes so that I can make the proper mounting plate. BTW it is really hard to get any info out of the reps for this company, locally or otherwise. Thanks

Bent Bine Brew Co. LLC
      Last edited by Tim Masbrew; 12-12-2016, 08:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X