Keg Responsibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keg Responsibility

Quick question and what if. Say you have kegs at your distributors warehouse and the said warehouse catches on fire and all your kegs are destroyed. Who is responsible for the kegs, the brewers insurance, the distributors insurance, or the owner of the warehouse? Just trying to get a few opinions.

If the distributor does not own the warehouse than they would be the lessees and would be responsible to have insurance in place for fire and contents. The same would be true if they own the building.

Comment

I would imagine that whoever runs the warehouse would have to make that claim, but insurance companies being what they are, I am not sure that I would count on it. We carry insurance to cover some of our assets when they leave our building, kegs being one of them, wont pay for the beer or lost revenue, but it will pay for the keg itself.

Comment

The distributor may fall back on the keg deposit you charged them when they picked up the beer. Usually this amount is just a token amount and won't even come close to paying for a new keg.
        Glacier Brewing Company
        406-883-2595
        info@glacierbrewing.com

"who said what now?"

Comment

Working...
        X