revisiting draft sales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• revisiting draft sales

I'm revisiting this topic again. My draft sales aren't were I'd like to see them and that putting it nicely. I sell two beers, a red ale and a vanilla brown ale both contract brewed by a brewery 60 miles from my home market. What can i do to get my draft moving. I like the idea of cleaning draft lines but logisitcally it's not practical for me. What has worked for you? In my market one local brewery who does well on draft.

thanks

As a restaurant manager, I'd look for three things.

- QUALITY. Is it great, consistent beer throughout the year?
    - BEER STYLE 'DEPTH'. Are you filling a missing beer style at the pub? If I don't have a pale ale on tap, and you don't offer a pale ale, then you can keep walking.
    - ADVERTISING. Do guests recognize the brand, do they ask bartenders for it? Do you host an annual Octoberfest that is the talk-of-the-town every year?

Also:
    - PRICE. I never used price to make the decision on what to put on draft, but then again, I read probrewer.com. My guess is 98% of managers place price high on their list.
    - EDUCATION. I don't need my hand held while buying beer. But many do. Educate the managers and front-of-house with tastings, historic notes, price-cost statistics, etc. Let them know the 'cool' places where you are selling beer (stadiums, hip nightclubs, etc.)

Cheers,
    --Jake Tringali

Comment

Pay for a draft cleaning service if you cannot do it yourself. How much beer will you sell when it tastes like mold in the glass?
      Draft Sales Rule #1:
      It is never your first sale to an account that is important, it is always your continued sales that are profitable. Any consumer that has a nasty glass poured from a faucet with your name on it will tell others, many others, and they will tell.... That one person can completely overwhelm all of your efforts.
      I know this from being in the draft trade 14 years, but maybe it won't apply to your beer.

Comment

never thought about paying someone else. I'll have to look into it.

Comment

Look into supporting local clubs or social organizations that frequent the establishments where your product is served. Sports clubs (rugby,soccer) drink a lot of beer and can be very loyal, try donating some product or have a weekly feature at one of your current account for the club. In turn it will bring new customers to the bar and you'll start to build a relationship in the community. Supporting a local club in turn will help drive sales at the establishment as well as stir some interest into your brands.

Comment

Working...
          X