Plain 6packs with stickers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plain 6packs with stickers

What does everyone think about using a plain white 6pack carrier with the bottle label one the side? As you can tell by my many posts about packaging, I'm looking for a "good" alternative to the traditional 6pack carriers. I don't have the money to front the production costs. Right now I'm leaning towards custom printed 12 packs with a 2 color design. they are pretty affordable my only worry is introducing a new product in 12packs.

Hi Frigatebay:
    We started out with this proceedure but the plain white boxes with a small sticker was not very appealing in comparison to all the fancy carriers that surround your product. We tried a plastic bottle carrier from Mumm Industries/www.sixpackcarriers.com and saw immediate response in sales increase after this change. It was unique in comparison to the sixpack carriers on the shelves however; the test is to have a nice label because that is your POS for the product.
    I can send you pictures of our placement if you wish
    Lance@jergensenbrewing
    Reno, Nevada/ Adelanto, California

Comment

Lance

I sent an email.

Kiernan

Comment

We also are using the plastic six pack holders. They show off your labels. Our bottle sales also increased. Great alternative to the same old six packs.
        Glacier Brewing Company
        406-883-2595
        info@glacierbrewing.com

"who said what now?"

Comment

six packs

Unable to find www.sixpackcarriers.com. Is this correct?
          Thanks Adrian

Comment

I've gotten samples of the plastic carriers in the past. they seem like a pain in the back side to put on. any tricks?

Comment

Originally posted by frigatebay
              I've gotten samples of the plastic carriers in the past. they seem like a pain in the back side to put on. any tricks?
              I made a little jig to aid in putting these things on six bottles at once. It's a piece of wood that runs down the center of the holder and two "wings" that extend to the side of the center piece. The thought is that you put the holder on the six bottles, put this jig on top of the holder and when you press down, the whole plastic holder presses down at once, snagging all the bottles. Works quickly and efficiently.

Luck to ya'
              Dave
              Glacier Brewing Company
              406-883-2595
              info@glacierbrewing.com

"who said what now?"

Comment

I looked at several sites that carry the plastic carriers and they all way not for use with carbonated beverages in glass bottles. Has anyone had any issues with breakage for the like with them?

Comment

Originally posted by GlacierBrewing
                  We also are using the plastic six pack holders. They show off your labels. Our bottle sales also increased. Great alternative to the same old six packs.
                  I'm not a fan of the plastic bridge carrier. I've seen a local distributor rotate the bottles in a competitors plastic sixer so the consumer couldn't see the labels.

As far as white carriers with a label attached; how many years has Bells/Kalamazoo utilized this method for specialties? Many...
                  Cheers & I'm out!
                  David R. Pierce
                  NABC & Bank Street Brewhouse
                  POB 343
                  New Albany, IN 47151

Comment

Originally posted by beertje46
                    I'm not a fan of the plastic bridge carrier. I've seen a local distributor rotate the bottles in a competitors plastic sixer so the consumer couldn't see the labels.

As far as white carriers with a label attached; how many years has Bells/Kalamazoo utilized this method for specialties? Many...
                    I can see this point. But on the other side of the coin; we are all trying to get our product noticed on the wall of beer. This is not the only way, but I feel that it is one that can do the trick.

In regards to the carbonated/glass bottle warning. I've seen this same warning. We have "abused" the six-packs with the plastic carrier to provoke breakage. In our tests and in real-world sales, we have to date one bottle that broke. This was due to the carrier not being placed all the way on the bottle's neck.
                    This plastic carrier is probably not a good "end-all, be-all" six-pack holder. But, for small breweries wanting to get bottled product onto the market WITHOUT spending thousands of dollars per label on custom cardboard holders, I believe these things are a good way to go.

....my 2.5 cents

Dave
                    Glacier Brewing Company
                    406-883-2595
                    info@glacierbrewing.com

"who said what now?"

Comment

I am new to bottling and am just now exploring the options. The Snap-Pak carriers at www.sixpackrings.com from Mumm do look interesting and are certainly cheap. Does anyone have any problems with the bottles in the mother boxes banging around (no partitions)? How about the bar code? Is there any other solution to having them printed on a seperate label and stuck on? Do any accounts object to having the code at the top and not the bottom as in a traditional carrier?
                      mfos

Comment

I see more and more beer and soda packaged with plastic shrink wrap around a group of of cans or PET bottles. Guinness Special Export, Palm, Amstel, Spa, Coke from Venezuela, Kidz Kola, . Most use a clear wrap, but Amstel has their logo printed on the it. The bigger bottles usually have a flat sheet of plain cardboard underneath the bottles to give it support. Are there any microbreweries that do this? Any real reason that it won't work with glass bottles?

Comment

Working...
                        X