Which Lager Strain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Lager Strain?

We are currently carrying out trials for our first lager. We are looking for a very clean fermenting strain so the hop aroma are very pronounced. Does anyone know of a strain that would do the trick? We are after a liquid strain so i presume that white labs and wyeast are the best bet.

Thanks for any help

Martin And James

Originally posted by JBW77
    We are currently carrying out trials for our first lager. We are looking for a very clean fermenting strain so the hop aroma are very pronounced. Does anyone know of a strain that would do the trick? We are after a liquid strain so i presume that white labs and wyeast are the best bet.

Thanks for any help

Martin And James
    I really like bravarian lager from wyeast. great yeast, good range light lagers to double bocks.... I ferment low grav lagers at 12C and double bocks at 15C.

good flocculation too.
    www.Lervig.no

Comment

lager yeast

I have very good experience with WLP810 San Francisco Lager from White Labs. I ferment the lagers at ~ 55-58*F, the flavor is excellent (measured not only by me, also by how fast we sell the beer !), nice Hopflavor - aroma!
      The flocculation is "extremely" good, no problems at filtration.
      Hope this helps.
      Fred Scheer

Comment

North American from Wyeast is my favorite...those little creatures just know how to perform!

Comment

Working...
        X