Wort chiller for 2 bbl system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wort chiller for 2 bbl system

We have a 2 bbl brewhouse coming from Stout, and have a few more items to finalize outside of that order. I was going to order a plate chiller from Duda Diesel, but was encouraged to look for a used, small heat exchanger (even one from a dairy source), since they can be broken down and cleaned more thoroughly. We plan to brew some beers with a lot of hops, which possibly could be an issue...

We're going to be chilling via well water, so the flow rate won't be very high (maybe 9-10 gpm).

Any suggestions from anyone who is brewing, or has brewed, on a similar-sized system?

Thanks in advance.

Plate Pro from Sabco works great for us with 2 bbl system. We use city water so have a higher flow rate. You might want to use a cold liquor tank and pump from that to get your flow rate up. We only use pellet hops and have never had a clogging issue. I just broke it down and cleaned it and put it back together. Everything works again and I'm glad I broke it down as there was lots of junk inside that needed to be cleaned out. I would advise against a brazed plate chiller that cannot be broken down.

Comment

Get the 2bbl size, https://www.cpesystems.com/collectio...ant=3706624708

Comment

Originally posted by Catfish002 View Post
        Agreed, CPE is great. We have a 10bbl on our & and a friend of mine has the 3bbl as well. Great company.

Comment

Cpe

We bought a CPE for our 3.5bbl system almost 3 years ago because the unit that came with our brewhouse was terrible. The CPE has worked 100% perfectly. It is easy to clean. We make a ton of hoppy beers. You can't go wrong with the CPE. My 2 cents

Comment

I also have a 2 bbl and have been using one of the longer, but lower plate count Duda diesel's. They work pretty well, but been have some pretty long knock out times because of our warmer ground water. So I'm also looking for a smaller heat exchanger that can be taken apart and won't break the bank.
            Anyone else have any experience with the sabco plate pro?

(Sorry if I'm hijacking)

Comment

Working...
            X