Seeking Head Brewer (Brewery in planning) - Des Moines, Iowa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking Head Brewer (Brewery in planning) - Des Moines, Iowa

This posting is intended to start a dialogue and eventually seek potential partnership with a Head Brewer (or Brewmaster) with a brand new brewery in the making that is targeted to open in the greater Des Moines area in 2019. I can't emphasize the word "partnership" enough. Yes, I have a few recipes that I enjoy making and feel are production worthy but I want to establish a rapport with someone who has experience within the brewery industry that not only can bring a wealth of confidence brewing large scale but also a layer of collaboration with me to hone in on the recipes we launch and sustain with. There will be time built into the plan as the brewery is coming together to brew on a pilot system ahead of opening our doors.

What's my story? I grew up in Atlanta and fell love with craft beer over 10 years ago. What was a love for craft beer turned into home brewing. How did you guess? My wife was born and raised in Clive, Iowa and moved to Atlanta during grad school 6 years back. After making many trips to Iowa, I truly felt this was a great place to open our doors. Anyway, cut to today (I can bore you with details when we connect)-my plan to open a brewery is a 5-year plan, 3 years in the making and as of 5 months ago, it's been the focal point of my world. I am winding down with a company I've worked with for the last 5 years that has been nothing but good to me. In fact, some of the team I bring with me to Iowa will be those I've met through my company.

Where am I in the process? I am nearly complete with the end to end business plan and pro forma to support. I envision folding input into the Business Plan to give a sense of ownership as you will play a key role in the success and vision of the brewery.

Qualifications:

- At least 1 year brewing on a professional system (open to other levels of experience on this)
    - Not afraid to be different
    - Not one to take yourself too serious, time to time
    - Open to collaborating with a team
    - Truly believes that heart and soul are required to stand out
    - Can stand to be around dogs and maybe a cat or two (in case we need mice control in the brewery)

I completely understand that the applicant that agrees to take this position may have stipulation about compensation or potential ownership structure during the start up period. I am happy to expand on that once a subsequent meeting is determined and an NDA is executed.

I truly want to build time into the process to incorporate the right team as the journey continues. I look forward to hearing from you.

Zach Dobeck
    Last edited by DobeckBrewery; 12-19-2017, 01:39 PM. Reason: Updated the goal and timing of the company
Working...
X