Beer brand final touch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beer brand final touch

We have developped a product line named "brand final touch" allowing to produce "special beers" by adding these brand makers to a classical pale beer just before bottling.

All our"final touch" beer brand producers contain exclusively natural aroma compounds (fruits and spices aroma compounds), natural colouring (fruit colours and dark malt extracts) and clouding agents (essential oils emulsions stabilised with vegetal gums).

WB-MIX has been set up to produce a white beer with taste, flavour and cloudy aspect similar to main commercial Belgian white beers which are refreshing and thirst-quenching. WB-MIX has to be added to a standard base beer with low bitterness (10-12 EBU) as unique requisite to obtain a white beer. This brand maker can be customized on demand.

We can also mention: KB-MIX (fruits and spices colour and aroma compounds) to produce cherry beer (kriek-like), fruits and spices colour and aroma compounds for raspberry beer, fruits and spices aroma compounds for peach beer, SPRING-MIX (spices aroma compounds), PF-MIX to impart palate fullness and a long list of customized brand makers (brown beer producer, ginger ale producer, etc.).

All these brand producers can be used to produce low alcohol content (as low as 0.5% v/v) special beers (low alcohol white beer, kriek, etc.).

For more information do not hesitate to visit our website: www.cbsbrew.com

Cheers!

Pablo Alvarez
    CBS: A team of brewing experts producing natural flavors and special brewing enzymes to help the brewers to produce new brands and modulate beer properties.

I can't decide whether or not this is disturbing...
    Yes... It is.
    Can i make an imperial stout out of my double ipa?

Comment

Our Maltex HP 20000 (20000 EBC equivalent to 10000 SRM) is a concentrate extract of 100% roasted malt. This concentrated dark malt extract used at a rate of 4 to 8 grams per liter of beer* will allow to get a beer colour of 40 to 80 SRM. This dark malt extract can impart to your IPA the typical roasted malt strong flavours, coffee and chocolate flavours of the stout. This malt extract is highly purified from non-colour matters, like proteins for example, by ultrafiltration. After ultrafiltration refinement, the extract is concentrated by vacuum evaporation. This malt extract can be used directly in finished beer without imparting turbidity. You will find more details at this link: http://www.cbsbrew.com/Fiches/Fiches...che_Maltex.pdf

You can reach me directly at ales@cbsbrew.com

*Sorry for the European units I am not used to US units

Cheers!

Pablo Alvarez
      CBS: A team of brewing experts producing natural flavors and special brewing enzymes to help the brewers to produce new brands and modulate beer properties.

Comment

ask a sillly question...........;-)

Seriously, while I have no boubt to the quality of the product, to me it does seem to take the"craft" out of brewing.

Though I guess its where you draw that line in the sand for yourself, with fruit extracts, hazelnut essense..ect...

Heh, is using a premixed pupmkin pie spice over your own mix for your pumpkin beer a baby step towards that line?

Comment

Hmmm... strange. I'm curious to see this demonstrated... will you be at the CBC?
          Scott Metzger
          Freetail Brewing Co.
          San Antonio, TX

Comment

yes

grassrootsvt,
            I guess that was a long way to say, "yes, you can!"
            Wow-science!
            Matt Van Wyk
            Brewmaster
            Oakshire Brewing
            Eugene Oregon

Comment

sarcasm

i'm not sure that pablo detected my sarcasm.
              agreed - while i'm sure too that it is a quality product, i'm sticking to brewing beer the old fashioned way... [if you can call using pumps, stainless steel, and steam the "old fashioned way"].

Comment

The classical ways of producing special beers are of course more genuine. Some of these beers will be better than those produced by the "brand final touch" range of products. But some of them will be worse. If the base beer is a good beer you can get good special beers with our products. Our beers are generally well ranked (www.ratebeer.com). As for example, a white beer produced with our brand maker WB-MIX http://www.cbsbrew.com/Fiches/Fiches...iche_WBMix.pdf has won a first price in a special beer competion in England. The white beer produced with WB-MIX in Russia (200 000 Hl/year of white beer produced in a brewery from a very big international group) is not as good as the Hoegaerden witbier but it is better (high drinkability and thirst quenching power) than most of other commercial Belgian white beers.

The brand final touch concept is less romantic but it offers more production flexilibility, better and easier stock management of the different beers and also of the raw materials; it offers better reproducibility of the taste from a batch to another. You can concentrate all you know how and your efforts to produce a very good base beer and you can produce different brands from this unique base beer by adding isomerized hop products and/or hop flavours and /or malt extracts and/or spices extracts, essentials oils, fruit extracts and combinations of these products to get ale, witbier, weissbier, stout, etc.

However I recognize that you lose the authenticity of the old fashioned methods.

We are looking for a representative in the US, a company which is visiting the breweries presenting a range of brewing ingredients. Maybe you could help us?

Cheers!

Pablo Alvarez

Comment

Scarey indeed. I would think this product is definitely crossing the line from brewing to synthetic manufacturing. Unfortunately, I think we will see more use of such products to create designer beers in the future. I guess it will be up to us craft brewers to inform the public of the virtues of our traditional brewing methods and ingredients.

Maybe in 10 years consumers will just buy a six pack of generic beer in the store and a variety pack of consumer-added "final touch" to "create" their own designer beers. Or maybe self-service industrial beer vending machines where you push a button for a belgian wit or a different one for Imperial Stout and you can watch the ingredients being shot into the pint glass kind of like those coffee/soup vending dispensers.

Pablo, I don't mean to belittle your product line, but most (I hope) of the forum users here are probably philosophically opposed to the use of such methods for our handcrafted beers.

Comment

To beersmith

I agree totally with you "beersmith".

Regards.

Pablo Alvarez

Comment

Don't be coy!

Originally posted by Pablo Alvarez
                      Our beers are generally well ranked (www.ratebeer.com). As for example, a white beer produced with our brand maker WB-MIX http://www.cbsbrew.com/Fiches/Fiches...iche_WBMix.pdf has won a first price in a special beer competion in England. The white beer produced with WB-MIX in Russia (200 000 Hl/year of white beer produced in a brewery from a very big international group)
                      How about naming some of these beers. Maybe I've already tried one and didn't even know it.

How does "Brand final touch" touch in with the "Reinheitsgebot" ?

Comment

To "aswissbrewer"

There are several big breweries in Europe which prefer to adjust the colour of their beers with a dark malt extract than with caramel colouring E150 which has to be mentioned on the label. Our dark malt extract Maltex HP which is a pure malt extract (roasted malt) may be used in the countries following the "reinheitsgebot". Our red malt extract may also be used in these countries.

If you use our dark malt extract at rates around 4-8 g/liter of beer you will get the typical roasted malt characteristics of a stout.

In the countries where spices may be added to special beers our "brand final touch" products may be used as they are a mixture of spices CO2 extracts (coriander, ginger, clove, nutmeg, etc.) and essential oils of hops, bitter orange peel, etc . These products are 100% natural. They do not content chemicals or solvents.

Regards.

Pablo Alvarez

Comment

Why not just put it on the soda gun at the bar? Some distilled spirits mixed with carbonated water and a malt like syrup staright from a box.
                          mmm.. near beer
                          Jeff Byrne

Comment

The law of 1516 was essentially implemented not to protect consumers from the scourge of inferior beer ingredients. It's was just another way for a government to ensure that it got it's (un)fair share of income from brewers.
                            IT WAS A TAX!!! first and foremost not only that it neglects the mention of yeast, which as you would all agree plays a somewhat important role in brewing.

As for CO2 extracted compounds from spices, not to much different a process from say Randy Mosher's use of a solvent (cheap vodka) to extract the same compounds for later incorporation into your brew.

I am not 100% sure of the manufacturers claims however I can take them on face value that they are 100% natural product. I do not see why as brewers there should be a moral high ground approach.

After all if we all become stick in the mud traditionalists lets bury our beer underground in tar lined wooden barrels and burn the brew witches at the stake.

I think we should have more concern over GM foods, pestiscide use on crops, and the list of ingredients found in your can of coke and McDonalds burger.

Comment

not really

The Reinheitsgebot from 1516 was implemented to protect the ingredients used in bread (wheat, rye, etc.). Barley was then more or less the most commonly grown ingredient available in Germany. You are right in regards to the yeast - it was natural yeast in the air or yeast components that were not cleaned 100% out of the previous batch.

But we digress, I think, in regards to this extremely interesting topic. I think that Grassroots problem was that it seemed very much like "Frankensteining" your beer. Turning an IPA into a stout by simply adding a liter of "Stout Magic" to the sud. I must agree, a little unsettling.

Your comment on adding 100% natural oils & aromas is, in my opinion, correct provided that the manufacturer is telling the truth. There are plenty of posts here on adding bananas, cocunuts, honey and what have you to the sud, so the majority here is certainly not against these types of additives.

Comment

Working...
                              X