ProMash or BeerSmith?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ProMash or BeerSmith?

What do you use? Why? Pro and cons from anyone that has used both? Leaning towards ProMash as it seems a little more detailed and my brewing partner is a chemist so he can take advantage of that.

Thanks!
    Marcus Connery
    Wheelhouse Beverages

I'm a ProMash guy myself -- but only as a record keeping aid. I do my calculations on paper, then see what PM has to say vs. my calcs. It's usually pretty close. PM has lots of bells and whistles I don't use, but I am very happy with what I do use.
    I sent two samples to WhiteLabs for their "QC Day" -- will be interesting to get a real analysis vs. my calculations!
    "By man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world" -- St. Arnold of Metz

Comment

I use BeerSmith for my homebrewing. I just started using it about 4 months ago. I liked the appearance and ease of use with a PC. I looked at Promash and liked it's features. It seemed to have a lot more than what I needed for homebrew, but I think I would want it for larger scale brewing.

BeerSmith is very easy to use for recipe design and development and modifying raw ingredient specifications. You can update hop information like alpha acids for a given type of hops very easily. I have also added new grains as well. You can create and store different mash schedules for each beer if you like.

You can trial them both. I think it depends on what you use it for the most in terms of which program best fits your needs.

Dr Malt
      Last edited by Dr Malt; 03-07-2007, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X