Rotary screw compressor question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rotary screw compressor question

So I got an absolutely amazing deal on a used Champion Rotochamp 10hp, 125psi, 36CFM compressor. My only need for it at this time is for my manual 2 keg washer. I know it's way more compressor than I need but for the price I couldn't pass it up. It doesn't have an air tank on it and it does't come with one. My question is do I need a tank to run the keg washer? My understanding is that it's not good for screw compressors to cycle on and off too often. Without a tank the compressor will turn on every time a purge a keg and off when I close the air valve on the keg washer won't it?

Thanks, Mike

You need a tank for sure. You should be able to source one fairly cheap, maybe even in a scrap yard. Take your flashlight (torch for the Brits and Indians) look inside for rust. Avoid anything with flaking rust. The larger the better for the compressors sake. Make sure you fit said tank with a pressure relief valve. Pipe it in a convenient location and you are good to go. www.cagi.org is a great resource.

Comment

don't forget to add in appropriate compressed air dryers and filters. Don't want to be spraying compressor air and water directly into your kegs.

Comment

Working...
      X