Simcoe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simcoe?

Anyone have experience with this hop variety? I'm considering using it as an aroma/flavor hop in a red ale. Love to hear comments. Thanks in advance!
    Phillip Kelm--Palau Brewing Company Manager--

We use Simcoe in our Pale Ale for bittering, flavor, and aroma. A very nice hop in my opinion. Spicy, pungent, and rather sharp.

Comment

LOVE THIS HOP!

I had a IPA with simcoe only and I was blown away by the aroma and taste. It imparted a great citrus note. I enjoyed it so much that I decided to use it as a flavoring hop in a wit I just brewed.

John

Comment

The Hopunion description lists it as "very unique, pine-like aroma". I'd like to couple it with a Chinook to get a blast of pine along with the citrus. Guess the best way to know is to try it! Thanks for the notes!

Comment

finding simcoe

i don't know about where you are, but just about all of the simcoe that makes it this way [east coast] is contracted in advance and presold. maybe it's easier to track some down that i thought. however, simcoe is in extremely high demand and the acreage for the hop is not in line with the demand...

Comment

Simcoe Down Under

Glad I don't live on the east coast.

Simcoe hops are available in Australia. I have just brewed a ESB with them, and they are amazing. Very much like passionfruit in both flavour and aroma.

Comment

I've been using the Simcoes now for a few months and can report excellent results in my red ale. Just what I was looking for in a flavor hop.

Comment

Working...
              X