Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Charcoal or Carbon filter for steam stack aromas ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charcoal or Carbon filter for steam stack aromas ?

We are looking to put a 7bbl brewery in a location that has apartments on the floors above our space. The landlord is asking that we place a charcoal or carbon filter on the steam stack from the boil kettle to reduce the aromas from the beer production. The landlord is also wanted a negative pressure to be maintained within the space to keep any aromas within the space. Has anyone else encountered something like this?

I should make a note that the vent run would be approximately 100' (40' through the building, then 60' up through the roof), and would need to be powered by a roof mounted fan.

Thanks

I would look into a vapour condensers for your stack. No vent needed if you use one. I know Specific Mechanical has made them for some brewers. Basically your stack runs into a small tanks with water misters in it that condense the steam. the hot water can then use for other purposes or dumped. Cheers
    Joel Halbleib
    Partner / Zymurgist
    Hive and Barrel Meadery
    6302 Old La Grange Rd
    Crestwood, KY
    www.hiveandbarrel.com

Comment

Vapour Condenser

We agree, a vapour condenser would offer a simple and cost effective solution that would address your needs.

We fabricate a condenser that has a unique design relative to many of the other solutions that are offered in the US market today.

Most notably:
      • Our solution works with the laws of thermodynamics to reduce the amount of cooling water required (all else equal) to knock out steam and odors. This translates into savings.
      • The design emphasizes the need to prevent undesirables from making their way back into the kettle.
      • Our customers achieve an excellent boil off.

Please let me know if you would like more information about our solution.

Sincerely,

Ralph Stellmacher
      Rocky Mountain Vessels, LLC
      5 Ponderosa Court
      Montrose, CO. 81401

303-829-9428
      Ralph@rockymountainvessels.com

Comment

Working...
      X