Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HDP or Custom Brew manual

Hi All,
    I just purchased a single head semi auto Custom brew filler and it's in need of some TLC and I was wondering if anyone has an old manual or experience they could share. The model number on the back is BF911249. I know it was made by HDP but they don't have a manual and no longer support the unit. Any help would be great! Cheers

Duffy Mahoney
    208-255-4351
    duffyatmickduffsdotcom
    Last edited by MickDuffs; 04-17-2007, 05:01 PM.

Is it a HDP single head bottle filler? If it is we have one, we fill our 22oz bombers with it, it's easy to use but hard to get started. I don't know the model # but if you want some advice feel free to call me. 314-809-2995 Dave

Dave Johnson
    O'Fallon Brewery

Comment

Originally posted by MickDuffs
      Hi All,
      I just purchased a semi auto Custom brew filler and it's in need of some TLC and I was wondering if anyone has an old manual or experience they could share. The model number on the back is BF911249. I know it was made by HDP but they don't have a manual and no longer support the unit. Any help would be great! Cheers

Duffy Mahoney
      208-255-4351
      duffyatmickduffsdotcom
      We just inherited two of the three head Custom Brew fillers with no manuals. If anyone can supply a copy...
      Cheers & I'm out!
      David R. Pierce
      NABC & Bank Street Brewhouse
      POB 343
      New Albany, IN 47151

Comment

HDP Single Head Bottle Filler

Thanks for the responses. I attached a few photos to this reply to see if anybody can help identify the parts we are missing on our machine. It's a HDP semi automatic single head filler and we were told it is actually a Custom Brew made by HDP. The only marking on the machine is a plate engraved with HDP and the model number BF911249. We have contacted HDP and they would like us to send the unit to them, and we would rather not. Also the guy that would be able to help us is out of town for three weeks. We are missing a part near the fill head and we are not sure what it is. There are two blue wires that are not connected to anything along with two stainless L brackets that are located near each side of the fill head. We were told that is might be a fill sensor that is missing. If anybody recognizes the pictures or knows anything about this model please let us know. Thanks so much.

Cheers!
        Mickey and Duffy Mahoney
        mailatmickduffsdotcom
        Attached Files

Comment

I have a 3 head HDP filler, and they seem to all be similar. I am certain that the two blue wires connect to the posts on the fill head. We are about to retire our filler and it is has a few issues. Right now, for example, the identical blue wires on our machine are totally disconnected because the fill sensors aren't working correctly. However, we're filling at faster speeds by manually pressing the stop and cap buttons at the right time than we were waiting on the fill sensors.

Ask the guy at HDP to email a manual for one of their similar fillers.... it should help. I'd send you one, but lost that file to another hard-drive!

Good Luck!!

Comment

Custom Brew

From what I have recently learned about our three head fillers. The Blue wires are definitely fill sensors. The large shaft directly above the fill head is made of hard plastic on ours, and the wires attach to the side. Yours may have been modified to stainless, if you can not see where the wires once attached that is probably the fact. If so the operation may be manual like the above poster stated. The L brackets do nothing on ours, but are present. My guess is they are there to adjust the whole unit for different sized bottles. What exactly is your unit doing and or not doing. Ours has a CPU issue that we had to send the Logic unit back to HDP. They also no longer support ours.
            I pulled the back of the unit off and was able to manually test the up and down operation with a small screw driver on the regulator. The CPU light on our logic unit lights up but the RUN light never comes on. Which my research suggests a fatal error on the CPU. TTFN
            Last edited by BrewinLou; 05-22-2007, 08:51 PM.
            Joel Halbleib
            Partner / Zymurgist
            Hive and Barrel Meadery
            6302 Old La Grange Rd
            Crestwood, KY
            www.hiveandbarrel.com

Comment

Working...
            X