Bulk Bottle Pallet Height

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bulk Bottle Pallet Height

We are currently filling 12oz heritage bottles on a 4 head Meheen; we have always purchased bulk glass in the half high pallet size. I just received a bottle quote from my vendor and it appears that I can purchase the full height pallets at a significant savings but we just can’t seem to figure out a way to unload them by hand, if anybody has any advice let me know.

Beers,
    Michael Lalli
    Krebs Brewing Co.

Unload by hand into the brewery or on to the bottling line?

Comment

We label the bottles before filling so more or less unloading the loose bottles by hand and placing them on the labler. I dont think we can make the full height pallets work in our current set-up, I didnt mention that the full height pallets are 88" tall, the only reason we are even tossing the idea around is because of the $$ difference.

Beers,
      Michael Lalli
      Krebs Brewing Co.

Comment

We label after filling so we do not have to worry about labeling before filling which is nice. I'm assuming that the bottles are packaged nine levels to the pallet. We built a stair system out of plywood three foot high x 5 foot wide that allows us to reach the first three levels without having to reach too far. We also bought three foot step stool so that another person could help with the hard to reach bottles.

Comment

Working...
        X