Cellar Control Panels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cellar Control Panels

Just wondering what people are using for their Fermenter control panels, Pro's/Con's. I know there are the individual fermenter controls(Johnson) but we are looking into panels that manage multiple tanks. I've researched several companies that sell these-Craft Brew Control, ABS Commercial, Cedarstone Industry, Brewmation, Interface Innovations. But can't really find any reviews out there for their products and I only know one brewery in the area using Interface Innovations but they are a little expensive for our start up.

I'm more looking for something that is plug and play and I can hook up and get rolling.

Any insight is appreciated!

Thanks!

Mark
    Two Weeks Notice Brewing

We built our own using the BCS-462 from embedded controls concept and 12v ball valves. Each control unit can control up to 8 tanks. The controller is connected to our LAN and gives us access to the controller from anywhere with a internet connection. The user interface is done with a webpage and is easily programed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    Jon Sheldon
    Owner/Brewer/Chief Floor Mopper
    Bugnutty Brewing Company
    www.bugnutty.com

Comment

Originally posted by roc-craven View Post
      We built our own using the BCS-462 from embedded controls concept and 12v ball valves. Each control unit can control up to 8 tanks. The controller is connected to our LAN and gives us access to the controller from anywhere with a internet connection. The user interface is done with a webpage and is easily programed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Thanks! I'll check that out!

Comment

We also use a panel with two BCS-462s. It works really well. I build our original panels but when we added more tanks, I worked with Ryan at Electric Brewing Supply (ebrewsupply.com). The panel he made was light years ahead of what I could do and he even programmed it. I highly recommend him! We used 24v solenoid valves and have had no issues. Stay away from 110v or the game changes with respect to electrical code.

Comment

Originally posted by jbell71464 View Post
          We also use a panel with two BCS-462s. It works really well. I build our original panels but when we added more tanks, I worked with Ryan at Electric Brewing Supply (ebrewsupply.com). The panel he made was light years ahead of what I could do and he even programmed it. I highly recommend him! We used 24v solenoid valves and have had no issues. Stay away from 110v or the game changes with respect to electrical code.

Awesome! thank you for the great info!

Comment

Check out http://www.craftbrewcontrol.com/
            Dwight has great customer service BTW.
            One CON though, on the tank mounted units one clip is not enough to secure them to the pipe and I had to add another. Fortunately they are less than a Buck at the local electrical supply.
            Last edited by Ted Briggs; 06-27-2018, 07:15 AM.
            Brewmaster, Minocqua Brewing Company
            tbriggs@minocquabrewingcompany.com
            "Your results may vary"

Comment

Originally posted by MAvery View Post
              Just wondering what people are using for their Fermenter control panels, Pro's/Con's. I know there are the individual fermenter controls(Johnson) but we are looking into panels that manage multiple tanks. I've researched several companies that sell these-Craft Brew Control, ABS Commercial, Cedarstone Industry, Brewmation, Interface Innovations. But can't really find any reviews out there for their products and I only know one brewery in the area using Interface Innovations but they are a little expensive for our start up.

I'm more looking for something that is plug and play and I can hook up and get rolling.

Any insight is appreciated!

Thanks!

Mark
              Two Weeks Notice Brewing

Hi Mark,
              i am the owner of ControlTec, the company who runs the craftbrewcontrol.com site. We have many cellar products and it really comes down to the features you want and your budget. And, i guess from some responses to this thread, if you want to become a system programmer or brew beer. I don't knock anyone for doing their own thing but sometimes it is best to do what you're good at and let others do what they are good at. i don't brew good beer but i make some of the best cellar controls on the market. Our stuff starts at $130 and goes from there in features and sophistication. i'd be happy to help you.
              We have products and cellar systems all over New England. i'd be happy to give you some references. thanks.
              Dwight Kelly
              Dwight Kelly
              (724) 746-1901
              info@craftbrewcontrol.com
              www.craftbrewcontrol.com

Comment

Originally posted by ControlTec View Post
                Hi Mark,
                i am the owner of ControlTec, the company who runs the craftbrewcontrol.com site. We have many cellar products and it really comes down to the features you want and your budget. And, i guess from some responses to this thread, if you want to become a system programmer or brew beer. I don't knock anyone for doing their own thing but sometimes it is best to do what you're good at and let others do what they are good at. i don't brew good beer but i make some of the best cellar controls on the market. Our stuff starts at $130 and goes from there in features and sophistication. i'd be happy to help you.
                We have products and cellar systems all over New England. i'd be happy to give you some references. thanks.
                Dwight Kelly

Thanks Dwight! Your website was one of the first ones I started researching. Would love to get on a call with you to discuss our needs further.

Thanks again!

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by ControlTec View Post
                  Hi Mark,
                  Dwight Kelly
                  I don't want to be a system programmer! I want plug-n-play. I sent in a request for some info on the tank mounted versions. If there is remote web access, I'm even more interested in these.

Comment

Working...
                  X