Chemical Dosing Tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chemical Dosing Tank

I have been charged with putting a chemical dosing tank inline with our new boiler. I have purchased all the parts for said project with the exception of the chemicals. My question is does anyone have an idea of what chemicals I should be using? Also, What is the mixing ratio to water if I'm mixing in 50 gal batches? Any help would be appreciated.

The obvious answer is ask the guys that sold you the new boiler, they almost always supply chemicals and treatment protocall. They may offer regular maintenance and checks as well. You will need a disolved solids meter to if you want to check concentrations yourself. You need to talk to the boiler guys to determine blowdown procedures and the best way to test your chemical mix.
    Big Willey
    "You are what you is." FZ

Comment

The local company we buy our treatment from supplied us with a water softner and dosing pump for the o2 scavenger. As part of their service we get bi-weekly water testing and updated blow-down schedule. We used to pay another local company for service and chemicals to the tune of $130./month. I switched to the new company two years ago after a boiler meltdown. Seems the monthly fee didn't cover much. By the time I pay the new company we are saving half and have real service.

Short story long, check with your local suppliers to see what they do for free...
      Cheers & I'm out!
      David R. Pierce
      NABC & Bank Street Brewhouse
      POB 343
      New Albany, IN 47151

Comment

Working...
      X