Raspberry wheat beer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raspberry wheat beer

I'm thinking abouit making a raspberry berry wheat beer with lactose. My only background with lactose is with stout. In general I use 8 -10 lbs/bbl. Yeah, it's a lot but I think you need to know it's there. However, I don't think that's the case in a wheat fruit beer. My plan is to use 2.5 gallons of all fruit concentrate in the serving tank so I'll get some sugar there as well. I was considering using 5 lbs / bbl. What I want is some sweetness and body charater but not too much. Any ideas? Oh, I'll be using a wit yeast.

Thanks

I like honey malt for sweetness, Lactose bloats me to all hell so I never use it. I like the idea of adding the concentrate direct to the server. You will get some sweetness there. Fruit beers always seem to come out thin but since your not fermenting with fruit that may not be an issue.
    Big Willey
    "You are what you is." FZ

Comment

When I brewed a raspberry wheat at a previous position, we used 2 full boxes of raspberry puree from Oregon Fruit for 15 bbls (10 gallons). It was added after primary ferment by filtering/racking the beer into a newly cleaned/sanitized fermenter, then allowed to "stew" for a week or so. The beer was the filtered again into a bright tank for carbonation and maturation before heading to serving tanks.
      "By man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world" -- St. Arnold of Metz

Comment

Working...
      X