Number of kegs for 10BBL Taproom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Number of kegs for 10BBL Taproom

First off, I just wanted to say hi to everyone, this is my first post here after only reading this great resource for a long time. My brewery is in the buildout phase and we're just trying to nail some final numbers down. One of them being the number of kegs we need.

We have a 10bbl brewhouse with 4 10bbl FVs and 2 20bbl FVs. For Brites, we have 2 10bbls and 1 20bbl. While we plan on having some kegs going into distribution and doing occasional mobile canning runs, the majority of our beer will be sold onsite, especially in the first couple years. I plan of having 8 to 10 beers on tap at a time, but I need to make sure we have enough kegs where I can bottle up the rest of a batch if I need Brite space.

I plan on using mostly 1/2bbl kegs and a handful of 1/6bbls for fests and distribution to select accounts. With all those numbers and a taproom centric focus (At least initially), whats a good number of kegs to have on hand? I apologize if this has been asked, but any similar threads didn't give me info that matched up well with out business model and setup.

Thanks!
    Brewer
    Riverlands Brewing Company
    St Charles, IL

Our brewery opened roughly a year ago with a 10 barrel system, similar tank configuration, and taproom-centric business plan (with a small amount of distribution). We initially purchased around 100 1/2 kegs and 20 1/4 kegs. We've added an additional 30 1/4 kegs in the meantime for distribution. We've been pretty comfortable with kegs up to now, but as we've started to expand our distribution over the past couple months, it's getting very tight. We are now looking into rental/disposable keg solutions.

Hope this helps!

Comment

Originally posted by nodhillbrewery View Post
      Our brewery opened roughly a year ago with a 10 barrel system, similar tank configuration, and taproom-centric business plan (with a small amount of distribution). We initially purchased around 100 1/2 kegs and 20 1/4 kegs. We've added an additional 30 1/4 kegs in the meantime for distribution. We've been pretty comfortable with kegs up to now, but as we've started to expand our distribution over the past couple months, it's getting very tight. We are now looking into rental/disposable keg solutions.

Hope this helps!
      Thanks a lot for the reply! That's pretty similar to the plan I had in mind numbers wise, so I'm glad to hear it worked for you getting started!
      Brewer
      Riverlands Brewing Company
      St Charles, IL

Comment

Working...
      X