Distributor's keg policy query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distributor's keg policy query

A quick question please in relation to a new brewery start-up.

Would it be acceptable to own two different types of 1/2BBL keg (standard straight-sided Sankey and the squatter bung-sided Sankey)? I'm thinking mixing them on a pallet might lead to stacking issues.

In such an instance where two designs are in circulation from the same brewery simultaneously, do distributors generally refuse to take one or the other type, or are they generally happy with a mixture of both as long as the coupler fitting is standard on all? Or is it simply a case of some do while some don't?

Thanks for any advice,

Alex Hall,
    Brooklyn, NY.

I know of a brewery that used straight sankeys for some beers and old hoff stevens for others. never used multiple style kegs with any one beer. they recently switched to just straight sankeys. Being a contract brewery and very small wholesaler I wouldn't care at all but then again I only carry my own brand and one other.

Comment

As a distributor, we care more about having the same Coupler. Sometimes, getting liquid is more important then having all the same kegs. It would be easier on your distributor to get the same kind per pallet for stacking issues.
      Jeff LeVine
      Carolina Craft Distributing
      www.CarolinaCraftDist.com

Comment

Keep in mind they would need two different sets of keg cleaning equipment as the bung-sided ones won't clean properly on a normal kegwasher.

Comment

Working...
        X