Sarting Pub VS Brew House

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sarting Pub VS Brew House

I have been looking at starting a brewhouse. The cost are very high for a ground up start. I'm now thinking of buying a Pub ( tavern) and let it pay for the addtion of a brew house. Question is, have I missed the mark here? Has anyone eles done this, or know of someone who has? How'd it work out?
    Thanks for the help.

The first brewing position I had started out with me bartending in the pub below the brewery I was also helping to build. It was in the bar/restaurant district near the local university so we had lots of thirsty college kids buying our paint, sheetrock, lumber etc. Having the pub open first also allowed us to start building a clientele of beer coinsures anxiously awaiting the opening of the brewery. It took several years of the pub profits, a healthy business loan, a second mortgage on the owners house, and about a dozen college kids or "independent contractors" to get the job done. You may not find a square wall in the place, but you sure can get a tasty pint of fresh beer.

Best of luck to you..
    Jeff
    Jeff Byrne

Comment

Strip club

I came up with a neat (read: crazy) idea recently, but haven't put it into action yet.

A good location to put a brewpub: inside a poorly-performing or closed strip-joint. Take out the catwalk, and install the brewery. Basically, find a location that already has a bar, kitchen and utilities - and some 'extra space' for something like a dance floor, cat walk, or mechanical bull. Replace the extra space with the brewery equipment.

Of course, if you find an existing bar, restaurant, strip club, etc., find out WHY it closed, or is performing poorly. A bad location is a good way to kill your dreams quickly.

Cheers,
      --Jake

Comment

Hmmm, "Strip Club Brew Pub"... has a nice ring to it eh? You could sell your own beer for $8.00 a pint, thats some serious profit.
        Jeff Byrne

Comment

Working...
        X