gas conversion burner vent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gas conversion burner vent

Whats really needed to vent a gas conversion burner on a kettle. I just got a super expensive bid on vent stack and am trying to check prices but I don't really know whats required here. B-vent? Barometric damper with gas cut off controls, or draft hood? Could someone point me in the right dirrection?

Thanks again guys,
    Joe

We have a 7hl system on natural gas. We use a power vent on the side wall (high storey building), according to municipal+CSA regulations. It cost around $5 000 (vent, fan and job) It's somewhere around 6"

Attached photo isn't super detailed, but that's what you see right under the neon.

Cheers

Zb
    Attached Files

Comment

Hello Joe,

I think you need to check with the local codes. I was able to put in a passive standard B vent (hooded at the top). Relatively inexpensive. But my building is a one story, warehouse type, and I am in a small village. Some of the other places I've brewed we needed to put some sort of draft inducer on the flue, but again this will depend upon your specific location.

Some days we seem to get a wicked down draft down the flue, and checking with my HVAC folks indicated a roughly $2,000 charge to add some type of draft inducer (Tjournalin (sp?), I think they called it?). So while the $5,000 number may be a bit high, it could be what you will need for your space. I'd check the codes.

Cheers,
      Ron

Comment

Working...
      X