Looking for pewter mugs / steins for mug club under $30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for pewter mugs / steins for mug club under $30

Anyone have any leads for pewter mugs / steins for a mug club? We're looking to buy somewhere between 100 and 500 (for starters) at a price below $30 per unit.

Would prefer sizes larger than 16oz.

Thanks.

Edited to add: Stainless would would too. Anyone have a decent catalog handy? I've struck out with my local guys.

Thanks.
    Last edited by zspilman; 06-10-2007, 05:59 PM.

Doesn't pewter contain lead? If so, I'd stay away.

These are pretty cool: http://www.after5catalog.com/product...roducts_id/131

Per unit cost of $16.50 or so, probably get them for less if you work out a bulk buy. They only hold 14 oz. though.

These are kind of cool too: http://hexin.manufacturer.globalsour...r-Tea-Mugs.htm

The leading international multichannel B2B marketplace & sourcing platform connecting authentic buyers and verified wholesale suppliers & manufacturers worldwide. Global Sources serves more than 10 million registered buyers and users, including 97 of the world’s top 100 retailers.

Comment

Looking for pewter mugs / steins for mug club under $30

In the UK, we have "car boot sales" where you can pick these things up from £0.50 (or less) to £1, 2, 3 etc try ebay.co.uk

Comment

Just renewing this inquiry. The project never got off the ground because none of our suppliers got us anything that worked.

We have settled on a stainless steel mug, but we still can't find one in bulk. I'm almost ready to go to China to get one made...

Does anyone remember seeing something like this anywhere? Can you point me to a reliable supplier?

Thanks.

Comment

Pewter

It is my understanding that it does contain lead and that alcohol leaches lead out. There is currently a movment in California to stop using leaded crystal for wine glasses and lead for capsules. This is something that builds up over a life time of drinking out of these types of vessels.
          Joel Halbleib
          Partner / Zymurgist
          Hive and Barrel Meadery
          6302 Old La Grange Rd
          Crestwood, KY
          www.hiveandbarrel.com

Comment

Working...
          X