Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted Sister Brewery

Hi All,

I was having a chat with my operations manager today and was complaining about the lack of American microbrewed beer in Australia and we figured that finding a sister brewery in the US would be the way to go, thought it would be nice to exchange not only local Oz brews but even exchange brewery staff, like a brewer exchange program. So what do you all recon?

Brett Shore
    Senior Brewer
    Gage Roads Brewing Co.
    Western Australia

As someone who tries to have some idea of 'green issues' I was always taken with the idea of importing beer ideas, techniques & styles rather than shipping beer around the world.

E.g. the occasional things that Garret Oliver has done - working first with Brakspear's then JWLee's (IIRC?) & now Schneider (although I think the Schneider beer will also be sold in the US?).

Anyway, I'm contract-brewing currently, but hope to have a micro set up in NW UK in a few months, so I'm keen to maybe link up with some innovative brewers from around the world to maybe brew some of their recipes here & have them brew some of mine. Just a thought.
    cheers
    MikeMcG

Comment

Hello Brett,

Oddly enough, last night my wife reminded me that when we were in college I told her we would one day live in Australia. That was twenty years ago more or less. Then your post this morning. Interesting.

Over the years an opportunity or two has arisen, but the time never seemed right to pursue.

I suppose a good visit would be the first order of business.

Trouble is, it costs so much to get from here to there. But I'm open to considering options.

Cheers,
      Ron
      Jolly Pumpkin Artisan Ales

Comment

Hello,

I would love to have a brewery exchange! I was trying to pitch this idea to our brewery about a year ago and while it was not embraced, the idea was not discarded. I was just thinking across the U.S., but why not the world.

I was an exchange student in high school and it was one of the best experiences for me. In addition, my father organized a similar exchange within the United States for agriculture students, of which we hosted quite a few kids from all over. It is a fantastic thing to do. Let's get it rolling.

Kevin Wheeler
        Highland Brewing

Comment

I just remembered reading this post some months back and was wondered what became of it... apparently not too much. I personally feel as if this is an excellent idea, not only on an international level which as previously mentioned can be financially prohibitive, but also regionally (within state?). An exchange of sorts, may be a cheaper option for some of us than other sorts of schooling. Even if a brewery was just to take on an extra staff member for a week or so... labor in exchange for learning the techniques of that specific brewery. I think its an excellent idea, and I'm surprised theres not more interest.

Cheers,

Joe
          Offshore Ale Co.

Comment

scuba and beer!

I'd be happy to give a tour of our small brewery operations and sponser the first round of beers for those who ventured my way to Palau! Would appreciate the same from anyone out there in Asia.
            Phillip Kelm--Palau Brewing Company Manager--

Comment

I really like this idea

There are a number of cities in Israel that are "paired" with sister cities elsewhere - why not a brewery? Besides for exchange of ideas, I think the cross-selling and marketing possibilities are tremendous:

1. Brew an exclusive limited run of an exotic seasonal beer from your sister brewery
              2. Exchange of a few kegs of some specialty beers not otherwise available
              3. Synchronized brewing in 2 hemispheres of a once-a-year "Date Line Barley Wine"

Definitely count us in.

David
              Dancing Camel Brewing Co., Ltd.
              Tel Aviv, Israel

Comment

Working...
              X