brewing w/ cinnamon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brewing w/ cinnamon

wondering if anyone has advice for brewing with cinnamon (either ground or whole sticks). when is the best time to add it? how much? my only concern about adding it to the boil would be volatile oils becoming bittering agents at such high temperatures. I've thought about "dry hopping" with whole sticks, but i'm not sure if that would have much of an effect. anything you can tell me would be great.

I have used whole sticks in my hop back on a christmas spiced ale with great results. I believe I used about a pound or so in a 7 BBL batch.

Comment

I use ground cinnamon in the Christmas beer I produce, I put it in at the whirlpool about 300 grms for 25hl. Its in the flavor after fermentation but subtle (I wanted it that way).
      It does stick to the sides of the kettle after knockout, but hasnt been a problem

hope that helps
      www.Lervig.no

Comment

I used it in a homebrew I made for last Christmas. I added it to the secondary fermenter the same as when I dry hop. It was excellent, not too strong in the finished beer.

Dr Malt

Comment

Working...
        X