PM schedule for bottling line.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PM schedule for bottling line.

we're running a 8 head Cimec, when i started it needed a lot of love but i've replaced most every thing that was worn or broken and it's running pretty well. i'd rather not wait for something to break before i fix it, so i thought i'd see what other people were doing for preventative maintenance.

thanks
    steve

Me too

I would be very interested in taking a look at this info as well.

And not only on bottle fillers, but general maintenance programs (excl. cleaning and sanitation) on all kinds of brewing and packaging equipment.

BelgianBrewer
    Last edited by BelgianBrewer; 04-05-2008, 01:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by villagedrunk
      we're running a 8 head Cimec, when i started it needed a lot of love but i've replaced most every thing that was worn or broken and it's running pretty well. i'd rather not wait for something to break before i fix it, so i thought i'd see what other people were doing for preventative maintenance.

thanks
      steve
      We're running a 12 head CIMEC. It is fairly new (to us) but our PM is mainly lubrication and seal replacements. How old is your machine?

Cheers!
      --Neil

Comment

I had a 40 head Krones that we would lube daily (remember to get under or in there and wipe off any excess lube - it stinks and supports bacteria growth) Be especially particular around the crowner. Do you know the condition of your crowner springs? Have you had the crowning elements apart?

We replaced all o-rings on the filling valves in January of every year. It gives you a chance to get to know the condition of the valves and inspect the snifts, etc... We removed all the bottle guides daily and foamed them. It just becomes part of the daily start-up and clean-up regime. It also doesn't allow build up of any crap or debris under the guides. We also foamed the filler daily (the entire surface) to prevent bacterial build up. Other than that, we CIP'd after every use and would rinse, sanitize and steam before every use. Our counts were very good.

Comment

Working...
        X