Swingtops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swingtops

thanks for the comments on the first brew - I have some ideas -and ordered the bits...

now, a funny Q, using swing tops - is it necessary, or better still to use some sort of anti-tamper seal - tamper evident indicator on the cap.

Bernard uses a paper strip, and another brewery who's name escapes me at the mo, uses a wine heat shrunk seal.

I don't want to go toooooooo over zealous, just swing tops will fit better for us, and I have kinda used them for the last few years with my 50l 'home' brew kit - even tho I have a 3 head filler, and a manual capper to hand.

I suppose it's about what customers want, need, expect? I'm only running a 4bbl kit (2 fermenters)

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Phil.
    Founder of London Brewers' Alliance | European Craft Sales Manager for SimplyHops.com | BrewWharf 2009/11 | Writes CAMRA's Homebrew Column | Opened Breakwater Brew Co | Get me @phillowry

Swingtops

We're looking at these at the moment and have decided to use a paper strip in lieu of a neck label. It'll be printed up with brand name etc

Comment

Cap

You could also just cap the bottle and leave the swing top just hanging. 100% tamper proof! It gives the same image and customers could close the bottle again using the swingtop (no one does, however )

BelgianBrewer
      Last edited by BelgianBrewer; 04-04-2008, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BelgianBrewer
        You could also just cap the bottle and leave the swing top just hanging. 100% tamper proof! It gives the same image and customers could close the bottle again using the swingtop (no one does, however )

BelgianBrewer
        www.sterkensbrew.be

Nice idea, and, I know you do this at your place - I like the style, the ceramic bottles, I also like the stretch neck bottles that you use.

I'm just going to get some labels printed, and hand stick them.... looooong day ahead!
        Founder of London Brewers' Alliance | European Craft Sales Manager for SimplyHops.com | BrewWharf 2009/11 | Writes CAMRA's Homebrew Column | Opened Breakwater Brew Co | Get me @phillowry

Comment

suppliers of swing tops

Could you guys let me know the suppliers you use to get swing top bottles and the price difference compared to regular long neck bottles. thanks

cheers,

Orin

Comment

Looking for 750ml swing tops

I'm actually looking for amber 750ml swingtops as well as 1 liter swingtops and have had no luck. I checked ezcap retailers and found only very expensive swingtops. I'd like to pay less than $1.75 per bottle for either 750ml or 1 liter if possible. Maybe this is the going rate. I'm planning on buying a few hundred cases to start. Can anyone help?

Comment

Jeff (Gamebrewer), PM sent to you.
              -Beaux

Comment

Working...
              X