sales/delivary person compensation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sales/delivary person compensation

I just got dropped by my main wholesaler and need to hire a part time sales/delivery person but have no idea what I should look at for compensation. I'm leaning towards a small hourly wage plus commission that increases as sales increase. Also what about mileage? I don't have a vehicle for them any suggestions.

thanks in advance

delivery

I am not positive but I believe to deliver beer the vehicle has to be owned and insured by the holder of liquor liscense. We tried 300. per week plus 10% commission. We found it really wasn't cost effective unless they were doing over 2500. per week in sales.

Comment

Who's more important?

I know it's probably easy to say that a "sales/delivery" guy, but I am a big proponent of seperating these jobs, if financially possible. If your main concern is delivering your beer, then you need a work horse, who doesn't mind the physical work. If you are looking to sell your products, then you need a motivated salesman.

The way I read your question, though, is that you need a delivery guy. Here I would calculate anywhere between $.50-.75 / case for delivery AND for vehicle costs, making it $1.00-1.50 per case for everything. For kegs we used to pay $2.00-2.50, depending on the difficulty of delivering (in Germany some basements are small with steep steps and 5' ceilings). I don't beleive in comission for delivery people. You can reward people for bringing in new customers or listing a new style, but I would keep this a "one-timer".

I personally would lease a vehicle and have it well branded with your logos. You can't get better local advertising for your beer.

Comment

Working...
      X