GABF Kegs from Microstar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GABF Kegs from Microstar

I was just curious what the cleaning regiment for the Kegs supplied by microstar is for you brewers who have dealt with them before. This is our first year at the GABF and I didn't know if they are cleaned prior to shipping and could just use a good sanitizing or if they needed the full monty. We clean and fill all kegs by hand so any info would be appreciated.

We put ours on the IDD Mini-King II and push start.
    Cheers & I'm out!
    David R. Pierce
    NABC & Bank Street Brewhouse
    POB 343
    New Albany, IN 47151

Comment

Mine look new, and probably are, but I am confident they said to clean them first. Even if they were clean, I wouldn't dream of just sanitizing and filling. I know we are not judged off this, but I paid 1200 for eight beers and I at least want happy fest goers if I get shut out of the medals.

Although manual cleaning sucks, do it anyway.
      Matt Van Wyk
      Brewmaster
      Oakshire Brewing
      Eugene Oregon

Comment

Microstar...cleaning...kegs...before...shipping... them...to...you...rolling...on..the..floor..laughi ng

You'll get kegs from whatever distributor is closest to you, and they probably sat out in the sun at the distributor for a while before you got them. You will definitely want to clean them.
        Linus Hall
        Yazoo Brewing
        Nashville, TN
        www.yazoobrew.com

Comment

Ours look brand new as well. They will receive the full clean/sani cycle prior to filling.

I'm with you Linus ROFL.
          Cheers & I'm out!
          David R. Pierce
          NABC & Bank Street Brewhouse
          POB 343
          New Albany, IN 47151

Comment

If you're getting kegs from Microstar that look new, they probably are. Even then, new kegs need to be cleaned, too. Every shipment we ever received not only were the keg stinking dirty, sometimes they were full of rotten/infected beer!
            Luck to ya'
            Dave
            Glacier Brewing Company
            406-883-2595
            info@glacierbrewing.com

"who said what now?"

Comment

Passivation

If they look new, it may not be a bad idea to passivate them, but i guess maybe i just like to sleep well.
              Last edited by Jephro; 09-06-2007, 01:28 PM.
              Jeff Byrne

Comment

My favorites are the cider kegs that have been sitting out in the 100 F heat for three months. Like a stink bomb going off in the drains.
                Linus Hall
                Yazoo Brewing
                Nashville, TN
                www.yazoobrew.com

Comment

I get it I get it. Simple question because I have never dealt with microstar or anyone like them for that matter. I use caustic and acid on our kegs. I wasn't sure if keg suppliers like microstar cleaned them prior to shipping. Thank you for the useful info though.

Comment

Our kegs arrived in two deliveries, the first had only 1 keg, the second 3 days later had 9. They are not new and DEFINITELY have not been cleaned. They scraped the bottom of the barrel for us it seems. Sticky tops and were just dumped in a heap outside our office location.

Comment

Working...
                    X