Brewpub Report of Operations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brewpub Report of Operations

It seems that we are a bit behind on these and as I just stared brewing for this Pub I'm probably going to be doing the catch up. I think I have it licked but there are a few lines that are throwing me. The TTB has a sample filled in form for the Brewery Operations Report but not for the Brewpub Report.

I'm going to go through what I have/understand them to be line by line and maybe some folks would jump in and correct me?

Here goes!

PART I

1.Produced by Fermentation: Amount of finished beer transfered to serving tanks and measured for tax purposes.

2.We added water/other liquids in cellar:this is if you are adding water to extracts or diluting finished beer?

3.Beer recieved from other Breweries: Kegs from elsewhere for sale on premises?

4.Beer returned to brewery:Should be the same as #13 Beer Destroyed at Brewery. This would include partial kegs that come back after a fest/tasting or anything in the bottom of the serving tanks that gets dumped or lost?

5.Physical Inventory Disclosed an Overage:I'm thinking like a "balance forward" any beer on hand that was brewed in the PREVIOUS quarter but survived into the quarter you are currently reporting. This line should be the diference between line 8 and line 17 from last quarters report I imagine?

8.Totals beer to account for:duh
    9.Adjust from a prior reporting period:not touching this one.

10.Beer tax determined for use in the tavern:I'm guessing beer consumed either comp/samples etc that taxes were paid but not charged for.

11.Beer transferred to other breweries or Pilot Brewery:Kegs etc shipped for consumption elsewhere.

12.Beer Consumed on Premises:I think this one is self explanitory.

13.Beer Destroyed at Brewery:see #4 above

14:Recorded Losses including theft:Would I include beer served at a festival or food tasting even here?

15:Physical inventory disclosed a shortage:Missing beer you can't account for? At this point i'm going so far back I couldn't even tell if we were missing anything so I'm leaving it ZERO

17.Total Removals
    18.Adjust Prior Report: Skip

So in essence this should read like a ledger? Beer from last period #5 plus beer brewed #1 minus beer consumed #10,12 or lost/destroyed #13,14 equals your current inventory at the end of the reporting period? Which then carries to line #5 on next quarter's report?

PART II

Ithink I have this one figured out.

PART III

Line one is easy but do hop pellets count as pounds of hops? Or hop extracts?

Line 2 Wort Recieved and used. At what point is this measured? Is this the volume of wort after run-off but before boil?

Line 3 Wort Removed. I'm taking this t mean volume lost to boil, in lines, bottom of the boil kettle and what is left in the cone of the fermenter with the trub once the beer has been transferred to the tanks.

Line 4 is supposed to be the gravity of wort in degrees balling. Is this an average of the OG for the wort produced or d the want the OG of each brew separately?

PART IIII

I don't see many people using this.

I think that is about it. I thank everyone in advance for any input. I'm really winging it here and I hope I'm at least sort of on the right track. Feel free to e-mail me if you have any other info.
    rwhite@kingarthurssteakhouse.com
    Last edited by SyracusePunk; 09-24-2007, 02:43 PM.
    Rich White
    Head Brewer
    Syracuse Suds Factory
    Syracuse, NY USA
    richwhite@sudsfactory.com
    315-956-4589
Working...
X