Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plate and Frame Divider Plate

Howdy all,
    When all you plate-and-framers out there load your pads into the filter rack, do you "reverse" the position of the two pads before and after the divider plate? That is to say is the "smooth side" against the sludge side and the "rough side" against the fitrate side of JUST the two pads against the divider plate. I was advised by an industry professional to set it up this way but it just doesn't make sense to me.

Dave
    Glacier Brewing Company
    406-883-2595
    info@glacierbrewing.com

"who said what now?"

Filter

I use a 40 x 40 Spadoni and a 40x40 Della and both of them we set up like you explained...switch up rough side to smooth side. This works extremely well for me. God willing everything goes fine without any backflushes, I can filter 100 BBLs in about 2 hrs. We also have 51 plates in our filter...that helps too. I would suggest maybe using some finings prior to filtering, just to give you that extra lil' clarity.

James Murray
    Ballast Point Brewing Co.
    San Diego, CA

Comment

Thanks James,
      I just sent you a PM.
      Glacier Brewing Company
      406-883-2595
      info@glacierbrewing.com

"who said what now?"

Comment

I use a 100 plate n frame with a division plate. you have to think of it as 2 seperate filters, the beer enters in to the right front pushes across to the left side, then enters to the other side of the plate divider, then it goes from left back to right and out.

So the sheets are put in oposite to the front half, and the end plates of the divider are treated like any other end plate sheet, in the direction of the flow.
        www.Lervig.no

Comment

Working...
        X