Keg spear gasket supplier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keg spear gasket supplier

I need some gaskets for threaded american sankey keg spears. anyone know a good supplier.

cheers

Joe

Sabco or Micromatic should help you with those.

Comment

Need Help Identifying Sankey Spear Gasket/Seal

I recently acquired 4 10L Sankey kegs that I would like to use. They were made in 1986 and have a drop-in valve that uses a die cut seal as opposed to an "O" ring. I tried Sabco, but they did not recognize it. Micro-Matic says they did not make it. I hope that one of you can help identify the valve manufacturer or, knows who has replacements. The seal measures about .225 in height and has a groved top and bottom surface. Who else besides MM made valves for these kegs. My guess is that they are European in origin. I will try to post photos for your evaluation. All replys are greatly appreciated!

Last edited by sudsy; 12-05-2007, 02:29 PM. Reason: delete thumbnails

Comment

I've got some, too. (Hope that one gets sent back from Pennsylvania as promised....)
        Luwa made the keg, now out of business or merged or some such. Years ago I tried to hunt down the odd cross-section ones for those kegs to no avail, and found normal O rings work just fine. O rings for kegs are not special magic, that is they are just O rings! Food grade, EPDM or other material. Dare I say try McMaster-Carr? (McM-C has the metal clips to lock the valves in place.) If food grade ones in your (metric) size aren't there, try www.thomcat.com then search "food grade o rings." This is a great source for all sorts of weird stuff like Grundy nuts (ss w/ UK thread), and lists manufacturers of most any toy you could ever want, probably even napalm.
        Last edited by Moonlight; 12-07-2007, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Thanks Moonlight

Mine were also made by LUWA in 1986. It appears that Thielmann(Germany) acquired them about that time. I had no luck finding Thomcat, but I think McMaster-Carr has an alternative with the same inner/outer diameter. The width is just slightly smaller, .210 vs .224. Who knows, I may never need to replace them. Thanks for your helpful reply

Comment

My apologies-the hyphen after the address became included in the link. I fixed it, try it now.

Comment

Moonlight: The link works, but not our way.........

I don't think that thomcat is still in the same business. Or, they have changed their name and website also. Thanks for your help, I've already gained alot!

Comment

Thomasnet.com is the leading product sourcing and supplier discovery platform for procurement professionals, engineers, plant & facility management and business owners seeking trusted suppliers for MRO, OEM and other products/services for their industrial, manufacturing, commercial and institutional businesses

That will get you there.

Comment

gasket update

I ended up going to a gasket cutter shop locally (omnipack in sea. wa). They have flat sheets of edpm or buana N (food grade) that they can cut into any shape. I also used them for some grundy gaskets. check you local yellow pages for "custom gasket" and of course mcmaster sells sheets of gasket material and cutting dies. It was cheaper and easier for me to have the shop do it though.

Comment

Working...
                  X