New Brewpub looking for Hops!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Brewpub looking for Hops!

Well like a lot of breweries we are in need of some hops! We are a start up brewpub looking to brew Mid November and it seems raw materials wise we have hit a pretty rough time for our adventure.

Anyways if anyone out there has some extra Centenial, Columbus or Chinook...whole leaf or pellets and want to help out a small brewpub please contact me.

Nick
    block15@gmail.com

Hop Union?

Have you tried Hop Union? Or are they out of stock on the varieties you need? I called a while back and they told me that they were harvesting a new crop, it would seem as though they would be available by November. They sell as small as 11lb bags of pellets. What I do is buy the 44# bag of pellets and divide it up into smaller vacuum seal bags (1 bag each brew), flush with nitrogen and vacuum seal. You can get a vacuum sealer at costco for around $100. Hope this helps. I only have galena and saaz in stock right now.

Comment

Hopunion

FYI, It is my understanding that Hopunion stopped selling spot hops (those not under contract) about two weeks ago.

Comment

ahh...

that explains it. Sorry to be of no help...but thanks for letting me know HU stopped selling spot hops.

Comment

Hops

I agree.

Plus I know they are out of Chinook, Centennial and are now only selling Columbus pre pay for $19.35 per pound.

It is scary. Buy whatever you can at whatever price or may never brew.
          Kai Adams
          Sebago Brewing Company
          www.sebagobrewing.com

Comment

Nick,
            I was in the same situation as you.
            Crosby Baker allowed some room in thier contract for start ups like us. Not sure if they have any left, but you might want to give them a call-they saved my arse.

Comment

thanks

Thanks to all for their replies. I am on the "list" of a couple hop companines. I havent tried Crosby Baker, I will give them a jingle. I was able to get ahold of about 80 total lbs...enough to get me going to the first of the year.

thanks!
              Nick

Comment

Working...
              X