refrigeration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• refrigeration

I want to put in a new refrigeration unit for my 12' x 36' walk in cooler. I will be storing up to 50 kegs and three 140 gallon serving tanks, plus some misc. ingriedients. Does anybody know what size unit I would need for this situation, or good retailer of these units I could talk to. I've been getting very different answers.

Thanks
    Jim Devine
    Beaver Creek Brewery

First check here then Here Both links go to ProBrewer Sponsor Pro Refrigeration, Inc.
    Cheers & I'm out!
    David R. Pierce
    NABC & Bank Street Brewhouse
    POB 343
    New Albany, IN 47151

Comment

We can definitely help with a quote if you're looking to cool this walk in with glycol heat exchangers. But if you're wanting to cool this with conventional refrigerant coils, you will be better off working directly with a local contractor. This is primarily due to the installation involved with a freon/refrigerant system. I can help with coil sizing and provide a recommendation, but your best bet is working with someone local.

Please call me, I'd be happy to go through with you the different options.

Thanks
      Jim
      Pro Refrigeration Inc
      800.845.7781 ext 203

Comment

For new and used Walk-in Supply
        Cheers & I'm out!
        David R. Pierce
        NABC & Bank Street Brewhouse
        POB 343
        New Albany, IN 47151

Comment

Hi Wibaux-Jim,

I can't help you with science, but I can relate our situation to you. We have a 12x32 walk-in now, that is being run with a conventional 2HP compressor/condensing unit and a 5-fan evaporator. However, we custom built the cooler so it has 6" polystyrene insulation in the walls and 10" in the ceiling. I'm sure your results will vary especially if you use a modular cooler box with just 3.5" of insulation.

If you're looking for a complete used conventional system you can also try www.barrinc.com. I've never purchased from them, but they sure have alot of used inventory at what appears to be reasonable prices.

Comment

Working...
          X