Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• house yeast strain question

Howdy,

Does anyone using Wyeast 1332 Northwest Ale yeast have any comments, impressions, characteristics they can share? Looking at the possibilty of using this for the main house strain but would love to hear how it behaves for others.

Thanks,
    Beaux

Anyone?.....somebody?......hello? Somebody has to use this yeast, right?
    -Beaux

Comment

I used it

I used that yeast for the first year at my current brewpub. It was recommended by David @ the Brewing Science Institute . I think it's from Redhook, but not sure. It's a pretty good yeast, fairly fruity, hint of diacetyl, floccs out ok (I don't filter), average attenuation was 68%. I ran it for over 40 generations and it behaved pretty well. I think his designation for it is ABS1, here's their contact info:
      (719) 460-0418
      brewingyeast@hotmail.com

He'd be happy to discuss it with you, I'm sure.

I have since switched to boring old Chico. Seems to drop out quicker. Obviously less character though.

-alan
      shamrock brewing co.
      Pueblo, CO

Comment

northwest ale yeast

Is this the same strain as the White Labs Pacific ale yeast?
        Zach Henry
        St. Elias Brewing company
        Soldotna, AK
        www.steliasbrewingco.com

Comment

reviving old post

as the title states, I would like to revive this post.

Anybody using wyeast 1332 as their house yeast? I just started using this yeast as our house yeast, switched from 1056, and we are having issues with double batching/fermentation times.

For years I've used 1056 with no issues back-to-back brew days. Pitching for 15 bbls on day one, oxygen at 7 lpm for about 15-20 minutes. Day two (24 hours later) knocking out another 15 bbl batch, no oxygen. Fermentation 3-5 days.

with 1332, I bought a fresh pitch, 8 L . Did the same process as I stated above and we are having a horrible fermentation. I've talked to Michael at Wyeast and we have come to a conclusion that maybe its the lag time between batches and/or waiting until the beer has taken off better.

Anybody else having this issue with 1332? I'm about to switch back to 1056, but we like the flavor profile of 1332 on our ales. Any input/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Comment

Gah! Sorry, unintentionally replied to an aged post.

Just ignore me...
            Last edited by Gregg; 08-07-2016, 12:31 PM.
            Gregg

Comment

Working...
            X