Yeast suppliers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeast suppliers?

I've just read the ProBrewer Yeast article, it mentions 2 possible brewing yeast suppliers - Lallemand & the Siebel Institute - are there any others?

Thanks
    Mike.

White Labs, Wyeast, are good ones.
    Linus Hall
    Yazoo Brewing
    Nashville, TN
    www.yazoobrew.com

Comment

Yeast!!!

We have been using Whitelabs Yeast for the better part of 10 years and have had huge success. They recently integrated their lab and they have excellent customer service.
      James Murray
      Ballast Point Brewing Co.
      San Diego, CA

Comment

Brewing Science Institute

Brewing Science Institute in Divide, CO has the best yeast I've brewed with. They will prop any yeast you need for however many barrels. They fed ex overnight and the yeast is ready to pitch the day you get it. Ask for Bryan Pearson or Dave Bryant @ (719) 460-0418 or you can check them out at www.brewingscience.com.

Comment

Dave Bryant is The Yeast Demi-god!

Seriously though, he is a wealth of yeast know-how!

GOOSE

Comment

Brewing Science Insitute for yeast

I can second that - good service good yeast!

Comment

Yeast Suppliers

A list of Yeast Suppliers can be found in the Probrewer.com Supplier Database, http://www.probrewer.com/probrewer/m...=1&prodscat=43
              and thank you Lallemand for sponsoring this forum and content on this important brewing topic.
              Cheers!
              Banjo Bandolas
              Probrewer.com
              v- 541-284-5500
              banjo@probrewer.com

Comment

Bsi

I have had nothing but good experiences with Brewing Science Institute. Knowledgable and helpful!

Comment

Yep, one more for Brewing Science Institute. I have been using these folks for my yeast since the early 90's and have nothing but outstanding things to say about their product, pricing, and service.
                  Prost!
                  Dave
                  Glacier Brewing Company
                  406-883-2595
                  info@glacierbrewing.com

"who said what now?"

Comment

Bsi

I'll second (or fifth?) the vote for BSI. True customer service, and very flexible on yeast delivery.

"Beer for the Greater Good"

Comment

All in favor of BSI say aye!!!

Comment

Follow up to BSI

Im in the process of opening a brewery, BSI looks awesome! Question though, wouldn't their cost be considered high, $200 for a 7bbl pitchable slurry compared to other ingredients? Say you brew twice a week on a 7bb1 system, 1600 a month in just yeast costs. Does the convince of having a perfect pitchable amount each time out weigh the cost vs propagating yourself?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnDenver View Post
                          Im in the process of opening a brewery, BSI looks awesome! Question though, wouldn't their cost be considered high, $200 for a 7bbl pitchable slurry compared to other ingredients? Say you brew twice a week on a 7bb1 system, 1600 a month in just yeast costs. Does the convince of having a perfect pitchable amount each time out weigh the cost vs propagating yourself?

Thanks.
                          Compared to price of other Live Yeast producers, no it is not high.

Comment

Bsi

I'm probably going to use BSI to start... this isnt a question on who has the best price for live yeast, just curious if going this route for a start up makes sense vs worrying about proper yeast propagation, storage equipment, bad batches of beer by mistakes made building up the yeast. For smaller breweries, 15bbl and under, would a supplier like BSI be the way to go for each batch you brew? To me this would take out a large concern of mine, just worried that the cost would be too high for a start up. Any other new breweries exclusively use a supplier like this vs harvesting and maintaining generations?

Thanks.

Comment

We use BSI as well. They know their stuff and pricing is extremly competitive. As far as cost you dont need to propigate. What we do is pop for a pitchable size and then just harvest and reuse.

If your sanitary practises are good and you are repitching the yeast withing a week or two of the previous batch ending you should be bale to reuse it over and over.

I order a new pitchable batch about every 5-8 batches to "restart" the strain with frest yeast.

Comment

Working...
                              X