Manway Wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manway Wheels

Looking for a source for manway wheels or nuts .... looks like the equivalent of 5/8 with a course pitch (5/8-13? european thread?) any help?
    -Brian Weatherman Boulder Creek Brewing Company (831) 338-7882
    -Brian Weatherman
    -Head Brewer (831) 338-7882
    -Boulder Creek Brewing Company

Hello Brian,

I had a local stainless fabricator make one, but any metal shop might be able to. They took the door and were able to use its threads as a guide to create the proper thread in the handle. Seemed like it was a fairly easy thing for them to do.

Hope it works out,
    cheers,
    Ron
    Jolly Pumpkin Artisan Ales

Comment

Stainless vs. stainless is not recommended because of thread galling. The handles are usually stainless with a threaded brass insert. This insert and the corresponding manway stud are usually cut with ACME threads. You can tell an ACME thread if it is more of a square profile than a triangular one. You could have a machinist bore and replace the brass insert, or you can buy a replacement handle. Look up "ACME nut" in McMaster-Carr:
      McMaster-Carr is the complete source for your plant with over 595,000 products. 98% of products ordered ship from stock and deliver same or next day.

Good luck!
      Phillip Kelm--Palau Brewing Company Manager--

Comment

Brian,
        JVNW Has standard manway wingnuts in stock. I have used the JVNW standard on two differnt manufacturers tanks including an old Cherry-Burrel horizontal. They are around $75.00 each.
        Cheers & I'm out!
        David R. Pierce
        NABC & Bank Street Brewhouse
        POB 343
        New Albany, IN 47151

Comment

Working...
        X