Criviller filler manual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Criviller filler manual

We have an old 2-head counter-pressure filler from Criveller that we're looking for a manual for. The filler's got a cylindrical reservoir on top, auto-stop for filling, 2 steps on handle/joystick - step 1 fills with CO2, step 2 fills with beer. Pretty standard fare except I can't figure out how to snift/fob the @%$!!?* bottles!

Any help much appreciated.

David

criveller filler manual

Just bumping this. I have run in to a problem buying this used. I m not sure what the pressures should be for beer in and CO2 in. We were bottling no problems took a 5 min break inbetween switching to the second brite tank then the bottler started filling and then big time foam when you shut the fill lever off. Tried contacting Criveller a couple times and didnt get any responces.
    Please help a new brewery
    Edward Woods

Comment

Sounds like an Enolta filler. We have a 4 head that we got from GW Kent. You can contact them for a manual on the 4 head, or PM me and I'll do what I can to help out, :-)

Natrat

Comment

I'll help you

Hey There I am an account exec for Criveller and most importantly a beer & wine geek. I will help you figure it out. PM me and I will give you my contact info and we can talk about it and get it figured out.

Cheers and be well

Comment

Pm send. Thanks for any help.

Comment

Ok talked to the local chriviller rep. They do not have a manual and they can not help me. Great.
            Anyone else please let me know .

Comment

Originally posted by Edward Woods View Post
              Ok talked to the local chriviller rep. They do not have a manual and they can not help me. Great.
              Anyone else please let me know .
              We use one of these for small scale bottling out of kegs.

The pressure on the keg should be slightly higher than the pressure in the 'bowl' of the filler (1-2 psi). If you're filling from a brite, gravity should be enough (ie you don't need separate pressures). Bowl should be connected to headspace of brite. You will need 'make-up' gas supply maintaining a constant head on your brite as you fill bottles.

Beer, bottles and unit should be as cold as possible. The bowl volume is so small that it gets warm quickly when you pause and will give you lots of foaming grief. We generally fill about 30 psi. Make sure you don't overfill the 'bowl'. You need some head space to make this work. We always have the 'bowl' slightly venting to help reduce the air pickup from the bottles during counterpressure filling.

Position 0 = valve closed to beer vented to atmoshpere
              Position 1 = bottle and head space on 'bowl' connected (ie bottle counter pressured by head on bowl)
              position 2 = vale open, beer flows into bottle, bottle vented into headspace of bowl.

Our sequence:
              1/ bottle counterpressured and vented twice (position 0-->1--->0-->1-->0)
              2/ bottle counterpressured and filled (position 0--->1--->2)
              3/ bottle vented to the bowl (position 2--->1)
              4/ valve closed and bottle removed for capping (position 1--->0)

When some foaming occurs, we find that by going from position 2-->1 and back again can often help get foam under control for that particular bottle.

hope this helps.

Pax.

Liam
              Liam McKenna
              www.yellowbellybrewery.com

Comment

Working...
              X