First Key Consulting - Worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Key Consulting - Worth it?

Has anyone used First Key (http://www.firstkey.com) or any other industry-specific consultants?
    If so, what was your experience. Would you go back? What was the cost (if you don't mind divulging)? What did you get out of it that made it worth it? I'm working on my business plan for a brewpub and I'm wondering if hiring a consultant specializing in the field would help.
    Last edited by gruntingfrog; 01-21-2008, 08:48 PM.

WhistlerBeer

Hey,
    So, we have used First Key twice. Firstly to do an evalution of an operating brewery we were considering to buy. We got a comprehensive report, with recommendations on what we should do and estimate of costs for replacment / upgrades. The 3rd party valuation helped me with my busines plan and helped me raise finance for the business. We made the purchase.
    Two years later we are selling a lot of beer and the brewery is starting to groan under the pressure. We got First Key back to review our systems and processes, make reommendations for stream lining and improving the consistency of our beer. We are still making use of their advice, but we have made big steps in maintaining consistent product quality and flavor profile.
    Frankly, I always groan at the cost of consultants. But their industry experience helped validate our plans and so helped with finance.

Comment

Working...
    X